Do you think games not being 1080p on X1 are scaring off potential customers?

#41Stefan1277Posted 7/24/2014 12:28:09 AM
MicrosoftLover posted...
No!

TRUE GAMERS don't care about Graphics or resolutions or frame rate. The only thing that matters is gameplay. Gameplay like that which can be found in...

Actually, shouldn't this then favor Nintendo? Most people here hate Nintendo with all their might (for no reason), but now they use the same card Nintendo fans have been using for a while and you guys kept brushing them off. Interesting development.

On a side note and on topic, it only scares off the few nerds/geeks who get sexually aroused by tech. A considerable amount but not big enough to matter.
---
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/
#42SetzeraPosted 7/24/2014 12:33:24 AM
I'm going to say yes, because even people that have no idea what 1080p means, will think the console that has more "p", is better.

Not to mention it's become a standard term to throw around at any electronics department. I'm surprised more cable providers aren't saying 1080p, instead they are just going on about having HD channels. Unless I'm really just oblivious to commercials at this point.

The informed consumer is worried about Microsoft's policy fiasco coming back from 2013, and graphical hardware limitations. The uninformed consumer is basically just hearing one liners like "PS4 is more popular, because it's got better p", etc.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#43NeoMonkPosted 7/24/2014 12:36:42 AM
I think at this point the brand is tainted. Might be for a few years if they actually make good (still waiting on that) or it could be permanent... we'll know eventually.

They should do what bad sports teams do and change their name, choose a new logo & color scheme, move to a new city & start over ;)
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#44BaconPancakesPosted 7/24/2014 12:50:41 AM
I find it rather hilarious that Microsoft thought the X-BOX One was going to sell. And no mods, this is not a troll. I didn't say that Microsoft is a joke. X-BOX One fanboys, Microsoft fanboys in general, do not report me, it's my opinion and I understand that the X-BOX One has some amazing exclusives and has a pretty good controller. Please do not report me.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.
#45Darkshadow6400Posted 7/24/2014 1:01:36 AM
BaconPancakes posted...
I find it rather hilarious that Microsoft thought the X-BOX One was going to sell. And no mods, this is not a troll. I didn't say that Microsoft is a joke. X-BOX One fanboys, Microsoft fanboys in general, do not report me, it's my opinion and I understand that the X-BOX One has some amazing exclusives and has a pretty good controller. Please do not report me.

But it does sell... Just because it's not selling as much as the PS4 does not mean it isn't selling.
---
There are things worth fighting for. And then there is optional DLC in a video game...
#46Mandrew257Posted 7/24/2014 1:05:04 AM
No. Its just more troll ammo.
---
Playing Blitzball in Final Fantasy X makes me want to kill myself
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#47Mandrew257Posted 7/24/2014 1:06:21 AM
BaconPancakes posted...

Why would someone report you?
---
Playing Blitzball in Final Fantasy X makes me want to kill myself
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#48BaconPancakesPosted 7/24/2014 1:19:49 AM
Mandrew257 posted...
BaconPancakes posted...

Because I've said things about the Wii U and PS4 before and I get modded because of some butt-hurt fanboy. It's not even as if I'm bagging the consoles out.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.
#49TheGam3925Posted 7/24/2014 1:24:50 AM
BaconPancakes posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
BaconPancakes posted...

Because I've said things about the Wii U and PS4 before and I get modded because of some butt-hurt fanboy. It's not even as if I'm bagging the consoles out.

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think asking butthurt fanboys not to report you will deter them at all.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#50InjusticeRebornPosted 7/24/2014 1:25:00 AM
Auction Sniper posted...
dolabla posted...
I overheard a conversation between a woman and her child in the electronics section. The woman seemed to be educating her child that the X1 can't do 1080p on most games

I lolled hard trying to picture this - since when did soccer moms care about graphics? The Wii would have flopped if they all had this mindset.

And it all fell apart with this...
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?