Do you think games not being 1080p on X1 are scaring off potential customers?

#51blacklabelicePosted 7/24/2014 1:29:12 AM
oh the lies the people come up with these days just to troll a random internet message board
#52ReloadPsiPosted 7/24/2014 1:58:55 AM
Are gamers really that pathetic now?
---
Kids, there's nothing wrong with admitting something you like isn't good. It's called manning up and being able to admit you don't always have the best taste.
#53snake_5036Posted 7/24/2014 3:15:28 AM
Miiri0 posted...
There are market for people who like to pay more and get less. I think Microsoft is tapping this market with xbone.

Unfortunately for them, Apple already got there first.
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
#54AllgorhythmPosted 7/24/2014 3:23:30 AM
First, I believe it is an issue. If you are playing on a large screen TV, the difference between 900p and 1080p is significant. Some games, like Dead Rising 3, are reduced to 720p. People, accustomed to 1080p on the 360, are going to be disappointed with lower resolutions on the X1.

Second, the reason that some multi-platform games are 1080p on the PS4 and 900p or less on the X1 is not because the PS4 is a more powerful console. Although the PS4 does have somewhat higher specs than the X1, the difference is not substantial. The difference in performance was not due to better specs but to Microsoft policy. At launch, developers were prohibited from using more than 90% of the console's processing and graphics power so that 10% could be sequestered for the Kinect. It is that 10% reduction in processing and graphics power that it responsible for the lower resolution and FPS games and not the difference in console specs.

Now that the Kinect tail is no longer wagging the X1 dog, I'm assuming the Kinect 'tax' has gone by the wayside. Microsoft discussion has implied that developers can now use the full 100% of the console's capabilities. I believe Microsoft should clear the air on this issue. The early Microsoft strategy was to position the X1 as an entertainment hub in the Living Room. Presumably, that is where you are most likely to find the 50" screens or over--the ones that are most impacted by resolutions under 1080p.

Just for the record, I have done some side by side comparisons. I have played Thief, a very well designed game on both the PS4 and the X1, side by side on 27" monitors. There was no distinguishable difference. In fact, at times, the 900p X1 version looked better than the 1080p PS4 version. Then I played the game with both consoles hooked to a 50" TV. Switching back and forth between the X1 and PS4 inputs, the PS4 game looked significantly better.

I usually play on a 30" computer monitor. That is about the point where the difference between 1080p and 900p diminishes the viewing experience. As a result, resolution is an important factor for me. In the case of Dead Rising 3, it was a deal breaker. I had intended to get the game but passed when I found out that it had inferior graphics compared to the 360 games I was playing at the time.
#55Ludacris01Posted 7/24/2014 3:25:41 AM
no, I don't think it makes as big of a difference as people try to make it seem
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official King K. Rool of the Smash 4 board. KING K. ROOL FOR SMASH 4
#56Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/24/2014 4:21:51 AM
.########. .##.....## .##.....## .####
.##.....## .##.....## .##.....## .####
.##.....## .##.....## .######### ..##.
.##.....## .##.....## .##.....## .....
.########. ..#######. .##.....## .####

---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#57LikeGoodMorningPosted 7/24/2014 5:09:00 AM
Anybody who has done any research on the consoles knows that the ps4 will most likely always have the better verison of multi plat games. To deny that can scare off any potential customers is stupid of course it can.
#58InterzoneMantraPosted 7/24/2014 5:35:02 AM(edited)
It's really a no brainer.
They both cost the same
ps4 multiplats have better resolution/framerates etc.
why pay the same price for something less?
#59quincy2000aPosted 7/24/2014 8:09:21 AM(edited)
Why recommend a system that struggles to reach 1080p when the other system can do it "at will ."

"According to Stardock CEO Brad Wardell, future titles for PlayStation 4 will be far better than Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and The Order: 1886.

"In addition to this, Wardell also shared his view on what exactly is the reason behind developers being able to hit glorious 1080p on PlayStation 4 at will, with their games, as compared to Xbox One. He stated that its due to DDR5 vs DDR3 difference.

"When asked to elaborate a bit on "DDR5 vs DDR3", Wardell replied: "the difference is mainly bandwidth. DDR5 can get more stuff to and from the graphics system much much faster." "
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#60quincy2000aPosted 7/24/2014 8:00:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]