If Sunset Overdrive doesn't live up to the hype are you going to feel bad...

#11GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 8:29:59 PM
Obviously you guys weren't here around E3, also you must be blind as there are still more than a few still hyping Sunset Overdrive.
#12spacejamjordanzPosted 7/23/2014 8:42:36 PM
I would call it cautious optimism for me. Insomniac's last couple of games haven't exactly been hits. Especially after FUSE, it's not unreasonable to be a bit skeptical.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#13stretch126Posted 7/23/2014 8:49:52 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
What hype does this game have...? It looks decent. It isn't over hyped at all.
#14zerooo0Posted 7/23/2014 8:52:33 PM
TC you throw over hyped around too loosely. The only game that came out so far this year that truly was over hyped is Watch Dogs.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#15aj4x94Posted 7/23/2014 8:53:50 PM
zerooo0 posted...
TC you throw over hyped around too loosely. The only game that came out so far this year that truly was over hyped is Titanfall.

Fixed that for you. Though in your defense, both games were very lacking in content.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#16zerooo0Posted 7/23/2014 8:56:49 PM(edited)
aj4x94 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
TC you throw over hyped around too loosely. The only game that came out so far this year that truly was over hyped is Titanfall.

Fixed that for you. Though in your defense, both games were very lacking in content.

No, Titanfall delivered everything it promised and even did what the developers wanted it to establish a name. Watch Dogs was over hyped because it left thousands to millions more disappointed and the game was almost completely different compared to the E3 demos. You must be a troll to think that Titanfall was overhyped compared to Watch Dogs.

I don't normally call games over hyped, but Watch Dogs I can truly say was.

You can not say one game was over hyped due to a lack of content. Titanfall delivered everything Watch Dogs didn't end of story.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#17chedibang1994Posted 7/23/2014 8:58:19 PM
aj4x94 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Both were equally hyped one has replayability while the other doesn't
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay
#18GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 8:59:23 PM
So nobody here thinks Sunset Overdrive will be the system seller Titanfall was supposed to be? What changed?
#19aj4x94Posted 7/23/2014 8:59:50 PM
zerooo0 posted...
aj4x94 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

No, Titanfall delivered everything it promised and even did what the developers wanted it to establish a name. Watch Dogs was over hyped because it left thousands to millions more disappointed and the game was almost completely different compared to the E3 demos. You must be a troll to think that Titanfall was overhyped compared to Watch Dogs.

Oh dear....one of those. I don't share your opinion, so I'm a troll. Awesome logic.

Titanfall is overhyped. Sure, it had mechs and parkour and all that, but it was lacking in virtually every other department. Lack of guns, lack of game modes, lack of customization. lack of any meaningful progression, which leads to it getting old very fast.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#20zerooo0Posted 7/23/2014 9:02:01 PM
aj4x94 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
aj4x94 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Oh dear....one of those. I don't share your opinion, so I'm a troll. Awesome logic.

Titanfall is overhyped. Sure, it had mechs and parkour and all that, but it was lacking in virtually every other department. Lack of guns, lack of game modes, lack of customization. lack of any meaningful progression, which leads to it getting old very fast.

You can't equate a game lack of content to over hyped though, but I'm preaching to deaf ears, so you are no use to reason with. I would go into more reason, but it's worthless so I say good day troll.
---