Do firmware updates come on game discs?

#1BreakerPosted 7/23/2014 8:56:13 PM
Like it does on the 360 and other systems? I don't have high speed internet and am going to get an Xbox One soon. My buddy said he would update the system for me. I'm going to get the Kinect-less Xbox One. Does it come with the "day one" update already installed?
---
This is the way the world ends.
#2Sith JediPosted 7/23/2014 9:37:23 PM
Nope, they're basically identical to the original sans Kinect. I've heard you can load updates from a flash drive if you don't want to take the whole console to your friend's house. But your best bet would be to just take the console because then you can download all the day one patches for any games you get.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#3clownbrowniesPosted 7/23/2014 11:12:37 PM(edited)
xbox ones that have been manufactured since about feb-march have had the day one update on them already. so you can pretty much play out of box unless its day one edition.\

edit: just saw you said kinectless xbox. so yes it had the update on it.
#4ExDiosPosted 7/23/2014 11:27:33 PM
clownbrownies posted...
xbox ones that have been manufactured since about feb-march have had the day one update on them already. so you can pretty much play out of box unless its day one edition.\

I bought mine on July 4 and it still needed to update.
#5YomonachiXPosted 7/23/2014 11:32:49 PM
ExDios posted...
clownbrownies posted...

I bought mine on July 4 and it still needed to update.
#6clownbrowniesPosted 7/23/2014 11:34:28 PM
well excuse my mistake then. but im pretty sure that an update DOES initiate if you have it connected to the internet. however without internet it will still be playable.
#7Breaker(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 6:49:36 PM
What about regular firmware updates? Not the set-up update. Are they on game discs?
---
#8clownbrowniesPosted 7/25/2014 7:09:16 PM
Breaker posted...
What about regular firmware updates? Not the set-up update. Are they on game discs?

Yes they are tc. (newer ones anyway)
#9Breaker(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 7:17:46 PM
Ok thanks.
---