Did last gen raise the bar too high?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/23/2014 9:54:10 PM
With the introduction of HD gaming and consoles that were used twice as long as previous gens, im suspecting devs got faaar more out of the machines than any 4-5 year gen would have yielded - kind of suspecting thats why this gen is off to a flying thud. No surprise the best game so far this gen for either system is Tomb Raider Remastered.
Thoughts?
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#2Jedi454Posted 7/23/2014 9:58:58 PM
It's good you have an opinion bro, but we aren't even 9 months in the current generation. Games aren't built over night. For all we know, the Ps4 and XB1 could last 7+ years before we get new gen consoles.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#3ExDiosPosted 7/23/2014 10:15:45 PM
I don't think visuals will differentiate gens anymore moving forward. They have to come up with more unique gaming experiences. I think Quantum Break will be a type of game like that, 7th gen never had a Game-Tv show hybrid.
#4VanderZooPosted 7/23/2014 10:17:47 PM
ExDios posted...
I don't think visuals will differentiate gens anymore moving forward. They have to come up with more unique gaming experiences. I think Quantum Break will be a type of game like that, 7th gen never had a Game-Tv show hybrid.

Are they still doing that, since they shut down the entertainment studios?
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#5ExDiosPosted 7/23/2014 10:22:25 PM
Yes, Quantum Break was not affected.
#6Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 10:22:35 PM
Even beyond visuals, this gen is feeing bland and uninspired...so far...DLC runs wild and pew pew feels like the order of the day.
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#7AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/23/2014 10:23:02 PM
ExDios posted...

Alan Wake also had live-action mini-episodes.

What are they doing with Quantum Break?

Either way I'm psyched for it.
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#8h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 7/24/2014 6:45:38 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Even beyond visuals, this gen is feeing bland and uninspired...so far...DLC runs wild and pew pew feels like the order of the day.

As mentioned, we aren't even a year in yet. Don't forget, the truly great games of last gen didn't show up until 2007, a full 2 years after the 360 launched.
---
'My rig is so powerful it doesn't render individual pixels, just one continuous image of astonishing detail. The P in 1440p stands for peasant.' -KingDFizzle
#9AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/24/2014 6:48:04 AM
h3IIfir3pho3nix posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

As mentioned, we aren't even a year in yet. Don't forget, the truly great games of last gen didn't show up until 2007, a full 2 years after the 360 launched.

Uhhh...no.

Oblivion and Dead Rising were both out within the first 8-9 months.
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#10schmarkenheimerPosted 7/24/2014 7:01:32 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
h3IIfir3pho3nix posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

Uhhh...no.

Oblivion and Dead Rising were both out within the first 8-9 months.

They were fun but "truly great"?
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12