Calling all adult gamers

#1foundryGodPosted 7/24/2014 4:36:55 AM
Remember when the console wars were about bits and not res/fps?

When multiplayer meant 4 friends on the couch having a good time?

When you were excited about the newest arcade port?

When you had one system and your friend had the other, you just took turns playing at each other's houses?

When you waited each month for your favorite gaming magazine?

Or best of all, do you remember when you just had fun enjoying this hobby the way it should be?

I'm sorry about ranting, but these pissing contests are just getting old. Why aren't more topics on here about the games and our enjoyment of them?
---
GT: mustang197
#2Jedi454Posted 7/24/2014 4:38:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3MrSpaM111Posted 7/24/2014 4:41:25 AM
Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, now they were the days...
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#4Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/24/2014 4:56:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Kerr-AvonPosted 7/24/2014 5:02:16 AM
foundryGod posted...
Remember when the console wars were about bits and not res/fps?

When multiplayer meant 4 friends on the couch having a good time?

When you were excited about the newest arcade port?

When you had one system and your friend had the other, you just took turns playing at each other's houses?

When you waited each month for your favorite gaming magazine?

Or best of all, do you remember when you just had fun enjoying this hobby the way it should be?

I'm sorry about ranting, but these pissing contests are just getting old. Why aren't more topics on here about the games and our enjoyment of them?

Good points man, I feel the same, so very tired of people moaning about stupid and pointless issues.. Just play a game and have fun!
#6Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 5:03:00 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#7Jedi454Posted 7/24/2014 5:07:17 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

I may 19, but I have more maturity than you clearly. You're here daily spitting nonsense about the Xbox One. What age are you by the way? The older you are, the sadder it makes your trolling.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#8mygoodluckcharmPosted 7/24/2014 5:12:15 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

I may 19, but I have more maturity than you clearly. You're here daily spitting nonsense about the Xbox One. What age are you by the way? The older you are, the sadder it makes your trolling.

Haha it would be wonderful you two should be friend, or even better a lover seeing you're following each other so much. Like someone told me, troll attracts troll, lol.
#9billsfanno1Posted 7/24/2014 5:12:17 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Adult gamers don't have Xbox Ones, wrong board.

TC, do you also remember dialup bulletin boards? They were the beginning of online communities and it was so cool to message people digitally for the first time. It was also when trolls like Bellum Sacrum were invented. You'd have a nice conversation going with a group of people and then all of a sudden the random "your Mother is a {expletive}" would pop up, or "suck my {expletive}". The more things change, the more they stay the same. Pukes like Bellum are now carrying the mantle for trolldom.
#10foundryGod(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 5:19:26 AM
So true. BTW, I'm 35, married, 2 kids, full time job, and college educated. And I'm proud to have been part of the gaming community ever since I could pick up a controller. If there's any other mature adults that want add my GT for some fun online gaming, feel free. Just shoot an invite if you see me on.
---
GT: mustang197