Calling all adult gamers

#11Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 4:22:42 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

I may 19, but I have more maturity than you clearly. You're here daily spitting nonsense about the Xbox One. What age are you by the way? The older you are, the sadder it makes your trolling.

No, you have the maturity of a teenager. When they drop you won't be so defensive about facts concerning your console.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12_MrENigma_Posted 7/24/2014 4:29:33 AM
The good old days. I remember them. :-) I think I might even still have some of those old magazines I used to collect from way back when. :-)

Today though there are way too many kids with internet access and are more preoccupied with talking trash and being an "internet badass" than playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Kids should just not be allowed to play video games. They ruin everything. today you see 10 year olds with cell phones. What the hell does a 10 year old need a cell phone for? When I was a kid cell phones were just "communicators" on Star Trek. :-P It's so hard right now to actually meet some grounded, cool and mature gamers. It's a shame really. (IF there are any out there feel free to add me on LIVE). When I first started gaming online it was with CoD2. I was open to meeting new people. Now I just mute everyone. Sad, I know. That's online gaming. Not as fun as it should be. :-( OK, MY rant is over.
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#13FinzFan4lifePosted 7/24/2014 4:29:41 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

I may 19, but I have more maturity than you clearly. You're here daily spitting nonsense about the Xbox One. What age are you by the way? The older you are, the sadder it makes your trolling.

No, you have the maturity of a teenager. When they drop you won't be so defensive about facts concerning your console.

Great case of pot calling the kettle black right here
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#14slowdog76Posted 7/24/2014 4:33:48 AM
laylow, i know that you like to think of your self as some comedy troll, but honestly, you come across as an idiot. comments like that dont help. if your wife knew how you behaved online....
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#15SabramPosted 7/24/2014 4:35:03 AM
foundryGod posted...
Remember when the console wars were about bits and not res/fps?

When multiplayer meant 4 friends on the couch having a good time?

When you were excited about the newest arcade port?

When you had one system and your friend had the other, you just took turns playing at each other's houses?

When you waited each month for your favorite gaming magazine?

Or best of all, do you remember when you just had fun enjoying this hobby the way it should be?

I'm sorry about ranting, but these pissing contests are just getting old. Why aren't more topics on here about the games and our enjoyment of them?

1:They still are, but the "bits" number right now is so massive it would be annoying to talk about. Now it's Teraflops.
2: Still do that with some games like Diablo 3, Mario, and others.
3: I was never really excited about arcade ports. I just played the games in the arcade and at home.
4: These days I own both systems and my friends come over to play here. Same thing just without me going anywhere.
5: I still have a digital sub to Game Informer. A bit annoying since the advent of the internet and places like GameFAQs I tend to have all the info they talk about before the issue releases.
6: I still do this every day.

In case you doubt the validity of my statements, or of me being an "adult gamer", I turn 30 in about 5 weeks.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#16FinzFan4lifePosted 7/24/2014 4:35:47 AM
slowdog76 posted...
laylow, i know that you like to think of your self as some comedy troll, but honestly, you come across as an idiot. comments like that dont help. if your wife knew how you behaved online....

If his wife knew how he behaved he'd be ashamed
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#17Jedi454Posted 7/24/2014 4:40:23 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

I always took you for a common fool and this makes the case. You didn't say your age, which is fair enough, but you criticised me for being 19 and couldn't even respond properly.

Git gud kid, you're obviously younger than me.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#18slowdog76Posted 7/24/2014 4:41:51 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

I always took you for a common fool and this makes the case. You didn't say your age, which is fair enough, but you criticised me for being 19 and couldn't even respond properly.

Git gud kid, you're obviously younger than me.

he's older than you
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#19Jedi454Posted 7/24/2014 4:44:48 AM
slowdog76 posted...
he's older than you

If i'm as bad as him when i'm 20 or above, please cut my head off.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#20TinyJoltikPosted 7/24/2014 4:45:38 AM
I'm 22, so I'm certainly not an 'adult gamer' in the sense you guys probably mean, but I've got good memories of Monkey Island on the Amiga, Star Wars Episode 1 (omg I'm young I'm sorry) on the PS1 and PC, and most importantly Pokémon and Zelda on Gameboy/N64/Snes/Nes (I had older brothers~).

I'm also rather fed up with the console race, especially as a Nintendo fan as I always end up caught in it and ganged up on by both sides even when I don't want to be. Bring back just playing games for fun and not screaming at each other over the silliest of things!