Calling all adult gamers

#101Shura_SurplicePosted 7/24/2014 2:21:32 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Shura_Surplice posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

That explains a lot

Now explain a 42 year old doing it.

I don't spend too much time here but the last few times I've seen his posts they are critical or a lil sarcastic, that's all, then again, I don't spend too much time reading the board.
#102idrc82Posted 7/24/2014 2:23:02 PM
foundryGod posted...
Remember when the console wars were about bits and not res/fps?

When multiplayer meant 4 friends on the couch having a good time?

When you were excited about the newest arcade port?

When you had one system and your friend had the other, you just took turns playing at each other's houses?

When you waited each month for your favorite gaming magazine?

Or best of all, do you remember when you just had fun enjoying this hobby the way it should be?

I'm sorry about ranting, but these pissing contests are just getting old. Why aren't more topics on here about the games and our enjoyment of them?

I certainly do remember those times. Good times indeed. Sure there were console wars but back then from what i remember fanboys used actual games as ammunition and not some resolution on multiplatform game comparison bs. Sonic vs mario, toshinden vs virtua fighter etc... A good example was that the snes was more powerful than the genesis yet that wasnt used as an argument against genesis, at least not in my crowd. Nowadays its all about the power and only the power as many topics on this board can prove.
---
3ds fc: 4055-3970-3371
PsN: xGambloRx Wii u: Ouroboros-wrath XBONE: T BOMBASTUS
#103dormcastePosted 7/24/2014 2:32:20 PM
I remember not having to explain why I got one console and not the other

we'd just play
#104Metman787Posted 7/24/2014 2:32:25 PM
I do remember all those things and truly miss them. The really scary thing is that gaming just isn't fun for me anymore and a huge part of my childhood into my late early 20's is about to die. As much as I want to feel the joy of gaming as I did when I was younger I know that the feeling is forever gone. Its kinda of like an addict chasing a high he'll never get.
---
SSFIV: Abel, DeeJay
#105SMOG-097Posted 7/24/2014 2:40:27 PM
If you're old enough to remember the old console wars of decades past, you are too old for video games. The reason video games get you so up-tight now is because they are no longer fun, but an addiction.
#106pnut3844Posted 7/24/2014 2:42:02 PM
I had a topic similar to this and it got deleted, said it was against the rules. Prob bc I asked about recommendations for other sites. I guess they don't like that.
#107truesaiyan309Posted 7/24/2014 2:42:32 PM
I do remember those days tc, but there are a couple of things I'd like to point out. We argue and complain about graphics these days because they are sub par compared to a pc. They are sub par now and we will have these systems for the next 8 or so years. Graphics are a huge reason to upgrade to the newer systems and is what we got really worth it? It's worth keeping that in mind.

I miss local "couch" coop. I think it is absurd how that is not given any thought anymore. I just got a xbox one but I can't play with my brother until he gets his own separate console and games.
---
Goku > Superman
#108slowdog76Posted 7/24/2014 2:45:35 PM
SMOG-097 posted...
If you're old enough to remember the old console wars of decades past, you are too old for video games. The reason video games get you so up-tight now is because they are no longer fun, but an addiction.

And the "what the hell you on about" award for the day goes to.....
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#109Juzten76Posted 7/24/2014 2:47:02 PM
Every day after school, me and my buddy down the street would be spending our 30 lives on Contra.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#110regsantotomasPosted 7/24/2014 2:47:16 PM
slowdog76 posted...
SMOG-097 posted...

And the "what the hell you on about" award for the day goes to.....

Beat me to it. As I've already said, games are still immensely fun and a great value for me. I don't see that changing any time soon.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain