Calling all adult gamers

#121TheZeldaFanPosted 7/24/2014 5:52:28 PM
Those were simpler times, TC. My friends would come over to my place for Smash Bros. while I would go over to my friend's house to check out the latest PlayStation Underground. Back then we didn't even bother talking about which was better because it was all good entertainment.

These days it's all about my friends talking about why they won't bother with whatever console and sticking with PC.
---
I made this name when I was a loser with no life. I wish I could change my name. ~gamecubeplayer
#122cmincPosted 7/24/2014 11:29:27 PM
Gamings still pretty much the same save for load times and a few other nick-nacky complaints. Sounds mostly like what you guys really miss is life before internet dependency, unfiltered kid opinion and electronic trolls with massive inferiority complexes. If that's the case, then, me too ; )

I think most of the issues we run into now is that theres no immediate way to tell if the person youre talking with or reading online is worth listening to. When we were younger and somebody wandered in to your conversation you knew instantaneously how to respond because you could see them. If they were 8 years your junior, youd be nice, agree with whatever stupid thing they had to say and send them away. Likewise, if they were around your age, youd take their point into consideration, bring up your own point and maybe make a new friend. Text on the internet doesnt allow for those distinctions to be made because you never really know 'who' is saying what. It's just assumed that theyre your equal, but stupid. And wrong : )

Now, online, you dont know that the 'blatant troll that wont shut the **** up' is really just a 10 yr old kid-- thats never had anything cool before-- is just excited to have the latest and greatest because the little punk understands punctuation and sentence structure. To that same end, you dont know if 'that damn kid that wont stop ******* about dlc' isnt a 35 yr old mentally handicapped war veteran, either. Kind of makes you think a little bit doesnt it? Are things really as bad as we think they are or are we just now listening to people we'd have never taken seriously before?

Still, real life gaming friends is what it's all about guys. I'm best friends with a sony guy, and a couple xbox guys and we tricked our women into being friends and having 'girls days out' all the time. It's awesome.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS
#123puffnbillys420Posted 7/25/2014 12:08:21 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

I may 19, but I have more maturity than you clearly. You're here daily spitting nonsense about the Xbox One. What age are you by the way? The older you are, the sadder it makes your trolling.

I dont know why but i always pictured jedi as late 20's...
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#124sanas_thirituPosted 7/25/2014 12:13:19 AM
Age is just a number. I'm quite mature
---
Monkeys and humans evolved from a common ancestor - xbox board.
Sanas_thiritu refuses to associate with monkeys. Creationism is the truth.
#125foundryGod(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 3:16:54 AM
Wow. Just wow. I really didn't expect so many to feel the same way about a lot of these things. Very cool. To answer a few responses I saw, my first arcade game that I actually beat was Bad Dudes. The one that ate most of my quarters was a tie between Ninja Gaiden and Street Fighter 2. I will endeavor to make more topics about the XB1 and it's games. I don't play much of my 360 any more but I will be returning to Halo when the MCC comes out. Mainly for online play I switch it up between Ghosts, Titanfall, and Forza 5. Thanks again for all the great responses.
---
GT: mustang197
#126EllesarienPosted 7/25/2014 7:17:02 AM
foundryGod posted...
Wow. Just wow. I really didn't expect so many to feel the same way about a lot of these things. Very cool. To answer a few responses I saw, my first arcade game that I actually beat was Bad Dudes. The one that ate most of my quarters was a tie between Ninja Gaiden and Street Fighter 2. I will endeavor to make more topics about the XB1 and it's games. I don't play much of my 360 any more but I will be returning to Halo when the MCC comes out. Mainly for online play I switch it up between Ghosts, Titanfall, and Forza 5. Thanks again for all the great responses.

It was a good topic TC. It was nice to talk and glorify in gaming instead of the normal malaise and perma-negativity that is brought to this board by the lame.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#127pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 10:54:45 AM
foundryGod posted...

The first arcade game that ate a lot of my quarters was terminator 2. I played the crap out of that game.
#128Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 7/25/2014 11:07:43 AM
I must've thrown $1,000 in quarters at both Galaga and Pin*Bot.
---
Welcome to the Virtual Asylum
#129SumerNivekPosted 7/25/2014 4:50:39 PM
Most quarters to be eaten for me...hmm...it's probably close between Pac-Man (not Ms., strangely enough) or even the Simpsons arcade game. I played Street Fighter 2 in the arcades, but I always preferred watching the real pros go at each other instead of me playing. Our local Aladdin's Castle actually mounted a TV above the SF 2 cabinet because they had so many people gathering around on weekends to watch the new SF wunderkinds duke it out. I distinctly remember the week SF 2 came out in arcades, as no one knew what to expect...and about a month later, that's when they added the TV on top of the cab because...well, I am sure you can guess how quickly that initial hesitation faded!
---
"One more thing. If anything, they're Wisps in Eredar form." -Posted by Doilyn on 5/9/06.
#130BushidoEffect3Posted 7/25/2014 4:55:37 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

I may 19, but I have more maturity than you clearly. You're here daily spitting nonsense about the Xbox One. What age are you by the way? The older you are, the sadder it makes your trolling.

It's ok. You'll learn when you get older. I used to be 19 too. don't think you're so superior.
---
http://i.imgur.com/exzrVRj.jpg http://i.imgur.com/35CqqSt.gif http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif http://i.imgur.com/QTGNrGc.gif
http://youtu.be/lyOHNjZ-2qM