Calling all adult gamers

#31IceHuskyPosted 7/24/2014 8:27:25 AM
Such were the days, TC. I miss those days. >_>

Btw: I've been gaming since 1979/1980 and I can completely relate with all of those points you made. :)
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#32regsantotomasPosted 7/24/2014 8:33:47 AM
Been gaming for 36+ years (42 yo). I've always played and bought games and systems that resonate with me.

Chest thumping console warriors are a pathetic lot.

And I miss the arcades immensely.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#33slowdog76Posted 7/24/2014 8:35:20 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Been gaming for 36+ years (42 yo). I've always played and bought games and systems that resonate with me.

man, i used to go into Blackpool with just a tenner when i was a kid. full days entertainment in the arcade. loved it
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#34Shura_SurplicePosted 7/24/2014 8:45:11 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

That explains a lot
#35leatheljPosted 7/24/2014 8:53:34 AM
21 so I'm not really a veteran gamer I assume that's like 30 or more years. I has older brothers tho who so when I was younger I remember and still have my Super Nintendo and sega genesis those are my oldest consoles I pretty much have every console after those.

As for the tc yes I agree times have changed I don't blame games or devs really but people in general who makeing gameing a bad place with all there petty fights and resolution wars etc not all of it's bad and not every one argues I still play lots of couch coop in some games with my friends we all like all consoles and get along and have fun I'm sure there are many more like that but they don't seem very vocal.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#36DamnEvilDogPosted 7/24/2014 9:00:37 AM
I remember those days, I miss the fact that gaming was a hobby and not some sort of stupid fanboy war.... speaking of which...

Joey-Zaza posted...
Laylows like 42 or something like that.

God that is so sad on so many levels, you have been around longer then I have and yet.... =\
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
#37HalloIsItMeYourPosted 7/24/2014 9:07:31 AM
foundryGod posted...
I'm sorry about ranting, but these pissing contests are just getting old.

Don't participate in them. You can usually tell the pissing contest topics from the topic title.

foundryGod posted...
Why aren't more topics on here about the games and our enjoyment of them?

Have you tried making some? Not trying to be a jerk, but you just made a topic about pissing contests.
#38CrankyMule24Posted 7/24/2014 9:09:55 AM
I'm old enough I guess...started gaming in the mid 90's. I remember when Ocarina first came out when I was 11 years old. Completely blew my mind. Haven't been able to put the controller down since.
#39EllesarienPosted 7/24/2014 9:13:29 AM
regsantotomas posted...

Oh man...I am around your age and we grew up in the Golden Age of Arcades man. So many Friday's and Saturday's spent plunking quarters into video games at arcades, juiced up on soda. Command Center was our Taj Majal of arcades in the Seattle area back in the day.

Now...here is a toughy.. Name your favorite arcade game.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#40EllesarienPosted 7/24/2014 9:14:20 AM
Shura_Surplice posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

That explains a lot

Now explain a 42 year old doing it.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.