Calling all adult gamers

#41Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 9:26:53 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Shura_Surplice posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

That explains a lot

Now explain a 42 year old doing it.

Doing what? Talking about video games?

That's the purpose of this board is to talk about the XBOX ONE and Microsoft.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#42Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 9:28:31 AM
Ellesarien posted...
regsantotomas posted...
Been gaming for 36+ years (42 yo). I've always played and bought games and systems that resonate with me.

Chest thumping console warriors are a pathetic lot.

And I miss the arcades immensely.

Oh man...I am around your age and we grew up in the Golden Age of Arcades man. So many Friday's and Saturday's spent plunking quarters into video games at arcades, juiced up on soda. Command Center was our Taj Majal of arcades in the Seattle area back in the day.

Now...here is a toughy.. Name your favorite arcade game.

Mappy or Yier Kung Fu.

What's your favorite?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#43MixorzPosted 7/24/2014 9:33:17 AM
I agree TC, I usually just skim through the topics on this board, looking for useful news. Most topics are either trolling or poor stealth trolling so they're easy to spot and avoid. Sticking to game boards is better, although ATM many are kind of slow and not as populated.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#44_MrENigma_Posted 7/24/2014 9:33:57 AM
So for those who did grow up riding their bikes down to the local arcade to spend some quality time, and all your allowance, what did you play most? Any games that you actually finished?

I remember finishing "Golden Axe" and watching those end credits where all the characters jumped out of the screen. It took a whole bunch of money but it was so good. :-)

I also remember playing "Bubble Bobble" with my sister at Heathrow Airport and "Green Beret" (Rush N' Attack in the US) whenever we went to the movies. Good times, yo. Good times. :-)
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#45EllesarienPosted 7/24/2014 9:43:24 AM
_MrENigma_ posted...
So for those who did grow up riding their bikes down to the local arcade to spend some quality time, and all your allowance, what did you play most? Any games that you actually finished?

I remember finishing "Golden Axe" and watching those end credits where all the characters jumped out of the screen. It took a whole bunch of money but it was so good. :-)

I also remember playing "Bubble Bobble" with my sister at Heathrow Airport and "Green Beret" (Rush N' Attack in the US) whenever we went to the movies. Good times, yo. Good times. :-)

My #1 of all time would be Gauntlet. It was just the best arcade game, especially when you got 4 people that were invested in a 1-2 hour play time period and you just ruled that game all night long.

I still crack up remembering how horrible it was to hear "Wizard shot the food!" and everyone turns and looks at you like you were an idiot.

I think the only one I actually "finished" was "Dragon's Lair". Did it one Friday night with about 50 people watching which even now I remember as being a very cool moment. I never could get past a few parts in Space Ace to finish that one but god did I spend alot of time/quarters trying to.

Best money for your time (For me) was Galaga. I could play that sucker for a long time on just one quarter.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#46regsantotomasPosted 7/24/2014 9:49:26 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Now...here is a toughy.. Name your favorite arcade game

That's easy for me. Gyruss.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#47guvadcPosted 7/24/2014 10:12:44 AM(edited)
I'm there with you TC . I used to try and read all the mags with EGM having to be my fav. Remember though when EGM gave 3's out of 10 as the ratings for the game Hertzog Zwei on the Genesis. This now considered by some to be the first RTS game and one of the best Genesis games ever. Its as if they didn't really realize what it was they were playing. Me and all my friends thought it was great even at the time.

I do also remember Prodigy and the wars between the Genesis and SNES on the Prodigy boards. Even back then the topic of "sales" would come up as which one was more popular based on what our favorite game store was selling the most of.
#48regsantotomasPosted 7/24/2014 10:12:34 AM
_MrENigma_ posted...

My cousin worked at the local Golfland and hooked me up with tokens. :)

Otherwise, I couldn't blow the many dollars it took to go thru the quarter eaters like The Simpsons game, X-Men, Ninja Turtles, etc.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#49guvadcPosted 7/24/2014 10:28:25 AM
A lot of stuff on the arcades, I lived out in the country and did not get to go to the arcades often. When I did , my main goal was to scope out what the latest and greatest games were and hope for a "near arcade perfect" port on the consoles.

Does anyone remember when Gamestop was Funcoland? More specifically, Funcoland in the beginning? I remember being able to go to Funcoland and get a decent amount for your trade, in the form of an actual check printed right at the store that could be cashed at the bank. They did not have in store credit at that time.
#50SoftAssassinPosted 7/24/2014 10:36:49 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Most people here are 14 and under or man-children, so you have to expect the critical trolling.

You said you're 19 in the whats my age thread. I hate to break it to you but your just a teenager and you've got a bad case of teen angst.

I may 19, but I have more maturity than you clearly. You're here daily spitting nonsense about the Xbox One. What age are you by the way? The older you are, the sadder it makes your trolling.

Jedi, you think you're mature?! You obviously post comments without thinking them through then. Any time any words associated with the Sony brand get posted you go into a childish, butt hurt hissy fit. Just read through your history of comments. I haven't laughed this hard in about 3 months. Thanks, man/woman.