Calling all adult gamers

#91CrankyMule24Posted 7/24/2014 1:10:43 PM(edited)
I remember when blowing into your game as hard as you possibly could would fix just about any issues you were having. Also hitting the reset button with just the right amount of speed/force. I swear it was some kind of gene mutation that our entire generation possessed.
#92demonwyrmPosted 7/24/2014 1:10:52 PM
foundryGod posted...
Remember when the console wars were about bits and not res/fps?
Never really participated in console war BS

When multiplayer meant 4 friends on the couch having a good time?
Oh yeah, that's how a lot of Saturday nights went down when I was a kid.

When you were excited about the newest arcade port?
Remember when TMNT 2 finally came to the snes? No more waiting for my parents to take me to Godfather's Pizza just so I could play.

When you had one system and your friend had the other, you just took turns playing at each other's houses?
I had the rich friend who usually had all the systems (even Virtual Boy). We'd all end up there most of the time.

When you waited each month for your favorite gaming magazine?
Nintendo Power all the way. What was the mascot's name again? Nester? I still get a physical copy if GI. I use it for bathroom reading material.

Or best of all, do you remember when you just had fun enjoying this hobby the way it should be?
I still do and I still don't get caught up in the console war nonsense.

I'm an '82er myself, you have a few years on me. I'm not on X1 that much, I'm still primarily on 360, but I'll add you when I get home (GTs in the sig). Old guys unite!
---
GT/PSN: demonwyrm666x
#93youngskillzPosted 7/24/2014 1:20:29 PM
never knew 30's was the new 60's.

i remember the awesome turtles games on nes.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Eye of the Enemy, Arch Enemy, Sepsis, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated
#94Joey-ZazaPosted 7/24/2014 1:23:38 PM
I have no friends.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#95Exodus_PrimePosted 7/24/2014 1:24:34 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
I have no friends.

That's a lie Joey you take that back!

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#96Joey-ZazaPosted 7/24/2014 1:25:55 PM
LOL.

It's my pattern to post something really stupid before logging off for the day.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#97regsantotomasPosted 7/24/2014 1:29:47 PM
To be clear, I don't think very many of the "old timers" here are claiming that it was perfect in the past. Far from it. The industry was in its infancy and there was a lot of growing up that it needed to do. I think that we are just discussing a sense of not taking this hobby so seriously as to resort to personal attacks or constant griping about what it doesn't do.

Frankly, I think that gaming is still not only great but an amazing value today. It is just different. The nice thing is that there are games on nearly every platform of every genre at nearly every price point (including free). When it stops being fun, then I'll stop gaming.

Happy gaming everyone. Have some perspective; we are all on a video game forum.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#98saleamaPosted 7/24/2014 1:31:36 PM
There were no "console wars" back then. You bought one system and your buddy bought the other one and you went to each others house. It was great. I always bought the Sega systems and my buddy got nintendo until the 64 came along. At that point I had all the systems that came out at the time. To many good games not to have all three.
#99Exodus_PrimePosted 7/24/2014 1:33:10 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
LOL.

It's my pattern to post something really stupid before logging off for the day.

AH okay well carry on. I do the same LOL

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#100EnmaDaio2588Posted 7/24/2014 2:12:30 PM
Remember when a new console generation meant a clearly visible difference in how games looked and played? Mega Man vs Mega Man X, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past vs Ocarina of Time, Halo & Halo 2 vs Halo 3 & Reach...take a look at Thief, Wolfenstein the New One or, Yakuza Isshun and it's very difficult to tell the difference without a clear caption.

What I miss most are consoles wherein you put the cart or, disc in and are playing within the same 30 seconds you turn the console on. You had a bit of that with the 360 if you didn't care about updates and, patches and now the closest you can get to that is with the Wii U.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...