I'm plugged into my modem but the NAT is strict

#1MjcortzPosted 7/24/2014 10:40:49 AM
I have a Cisco modem from Comcast. I then have a Netgear router connected to the Cisco modem.

Regardless if I connect my xbox to the internet whether via the router or the modem....I still have a strict NAT. I then tried plugging an ethernet cable from the Xbox to the Cisco modem and it is still strict. Is it possible that I have a double NAT restriction from both the router and the modem? Is there a way to fix this?

I would prefer not to enter my modem into "bridge mode" because I heard that disables the Wifi. Is that true? If I put my modem into full bridge mode then will my router not be able to connect any devices in my house to the internet?
---
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land amongst the stars.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Hispanic Hammer
#2AgentLockePosted 7/24/2014 11:08:52 AM
This works for me, hope it helps man.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCjScH9xNc
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#3Mjcortz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 11:26:08 AM
I tried that already. I already tried port forwarding as well. Nothing seems to help. Thanks for the video, though.
---
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 7/24/2014 11:43:59 AM
I was having this issue as well. The only fix I found was to leave my console in Eco Mode under Power Settings. Instant On/standby would always lead to a strict NAT by default. Now it always defaults to Open.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#5Mjcortz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 12:08:56 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I was having this issue as well. The only fix I found was to leave my console in Eco Mode under Power Settings. Instant On/standby would always lead to a strict NAT by default. Now it always defaults to Open.

I tried that as well, actually. I've been working on this problem for the past week and I think I just about tried everything.

However, I did reset my modem to factory default settings and that opened everything up. Now I have a new problem......my NAT is now moderate when I try to connect via the ROUTER. I'm sure this will be an easy fix. This is also much better than strict.

Thanks for the suggestions.
---