Why is it that the X1 is "unsuccessful" because the PS4 is outselling it?

#1DepreceV2Posted 7/24/2014 9:57:21 AM(edited)
I don't fully understand this. Sure they aren't meeting their initial goals but if they are making a significant amount of money then how is that a failure?

Think about it like this. You have 2 kids saling lemonade to the neighbors in the same neighborhood. Kid A is saling A LOT more lemonade than Kid B. However, Kid B is saling a respectable amount and is bringing in plenty of money. Did Kid B fail because he couldn't out sale Kid A? I personally don't think so if plenty if money is still coming in.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2EllesarienPosted 7/24/2014 9:55:45 AM
This one is easy : Idiots.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#3_Doomguy_Posted 7/24/2014 9:58:11 AM
Because hype and sales and quantity is what matters.
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#4DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 10:00:07 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...

Money is what matters. Not making as much money as expected is a problem but not a failure
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#5_Doomguy_Posted 7/24/2014 10:04:26 AM
DepreceV2 posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...

Money is what matters. Not making as much money as expected is a problem but not a failure

I was being sarcastic :L
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#6DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 10:06:50 AM
_Doomguy_ posted...
DepreceV2 posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...

I was being sarcastic :L

Ah. Internet sucks for detecting sarcasm lol
---
#7MightyMunaPosted 7/24/2014 10:11:26 AM
TC, stay off the Internet or better yet, stay off gamefaqs. It's clear that some of you actually take heed to what some obnoxious fanboys say and can't handle it.
#8DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 10:14:53 AM
MightyMuna posted...
TC, stay off the Internet or better yet, stay off gamefaqs. It's clear that some of you actually take heed to what some obnoxious fanboys say and can't handle it.

Wait what?
---
#9saleamaPosted 7/24/2014 10:20:42 AM
That is NOT the benchmark MS is using TC. Projected sales not being reached is the mark of failure. If MS stated that they were going to sale "X" number of units and they only sell "X-whatever %" then they have failed to meet investor expectations. The only thing Sony has to do with that is they have possibly taken a certain percentage of MS's projected market share. At that point MS needs to change their strategy in an attempt to gain that market share back and then to take some of Sony's.
#10SlippyedPosted 7/24/2014 10:39:12 AM
Kid B isn't getting dinner tonight.