Why is it that the X1 is "unsuccessful" because the PS4 is outselling it?

#11UnhelpfulNPCPosted 7/24/2014 10:54:05 AM
It's either one or none nowadays. It seems Ricky Bobby is running the gaming industry.
#12MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/24/2014 11:12:35 AM
MightyMuna posted...
TC, stay off the Internet or better yet, stay off gamefaqs. It's clear that some of you actually take heed to what some obnoxious fanboys say and can't handle it.

This, TC.

I only come here when I feel I want to defend the Xbox One and defeat some evil Sony fanboys. But most of the time I stay off the internet so I don't have to read the mean things people say about my Xbox One.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#13Exodus_PrimePosted 7/24/2014 11:19:03 AM
MicrosoftLover posted...
MightyMuna posted...
TC, stay off the Internet or better yet, stay off gamefaqs. It's clear that some of you actually take heed to what some obnoxious fanboys say and can't handle it.

This, TC.

I only come here when I feel I want to defend the Xbox One and defeat some evil Sony fanboys.But most of the time I stay off the internet so I don't have to read the mean things people say about my Xbox One.

This should be a sig somewhere...it made laugh lol

I only come here when I feel I want to defend the Xbox One and defeat some evil Sony fanboys.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#14Rancid_SkankPosted 7/24/2014 11:19:33 AM
To be fair, the X1 has sold faster than the 360 in the same timeframe, so I doubt Microsoft see it as a failure.

I imagine they are looking at the PS4 sales and are gutted their console hasn't been picked up in the same way, but that doesn't render their sales meaningless.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#15MynachranPosted 7/24/2014 11:37:08 AM
Slippyed posted...
Kid B isn't getting dinner tonight.

Kid A will put his head in front of a radio........

=)
#16mmm_BabyBoyPosted 7/24/2014 11:41:05 AM
Because publishers and developers will start favoring the PS4 over the X1.

Also, people abandoning one console for another can start a trend. Look what happened to MySpace when people started switching to Facebook.
#17Jiggy101011Posted 7/24/2014 11:50:55 AM
Kid B needs to get out of the lemonade business! Burn him and let there only be 1 lemonade stand!

Am I doing it right?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed Revelations
#18ejay8320Posted 7/24/2014 11:52:36 AM
saleama posted...
That is NOT the benchmark MS is using TC. Projected sales not being reached is the mark of failure. If MS stated that they were going to sale "X" number of units and they only sell "X-whatever %" then they have failed to meet investor expectations. The only thing Sony has to do with that is they have possibly taken a certain percentage of MS's projected market share. At that point MS needs to change their strategy in an attempt to gain that market share back and then to take some of Sony's.

The most correct answer - only issue is we do not know what the target sales were.

We can however speculate they aren't reaching their target sales due to the multitude of changes they had to make(DRM, Kinect, Online checks, etc), to stay competitive. If sales were good there wouldn't have been that many changes to make consumers happier.
#19kushahilicPosted 7/24/2014 12:09:54 PM
Why is it that we are still making topics like this...
#20Miiri0Posted 7/24/2014 2:35:51 PM
R&D alone cost billions.

Without market share and healthy growth momentum. Its very hard to recover total cost invested for the console.