Why is it that the X1 is "unsuccessful" because the PS4 is outselling it?

#31IzraeilPosted 7/24/2014 7:06:33 PM
There's also the fact that consoles aren't competing with their last gen counterparts they compete with the other console of the same gen for marketshare, VAST majority buys only one console. And the disparity in trending keeps increasing as time goes on so this PS4 outselling XB1 2:1 will eventually turn into 3:1 and so on.
#32Bob the AlmightyPosted 7/24/2014 7:09:42 PM(edited)
It doesn't really matter just like how the PS3 trailed the 360 for the majority of last gen. It didn't matter then and it doesn't matter now.

The PS3 kept getting games because it was still a healthy and viable platform that sold a lot of third-party software. As long as the XB1 can do the same (generate a lot of software sales, especially for third-party publishers) than who's in first and who's in second doesn't matter outside the fanboy wars.
---
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.
#33leon_trunksPosted 7/24/2014 7:11:27 PM
Because of well-informed consumer decisions...
#34Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 7:15:25 PM
leon_trunks posted...
Because of well-informed consumer decisions...

For sure man.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#35archibald3Posted 7/24/2014 7:45:09 PM
Money is made off other things than the consoles themselves. If that were the case both companies would be out of luck. Microsoft is doing just fine and the games are selling quite well , even out-selling the ps4 in some cases. It`s not something the trolls or Sony fanboys like to acknowledge. As long as Sony sells more consoles they think somehow their winning. Couldn`t be further from the truth. The games , software , downloadable content etc etc is where the bread and butter are.
#36ScRuiPosted 7/24/2014 8:13:56 PM(edited)
archibald3 posted...
Money is made off other things than the consoles themselves. If that were the case both companies would be out of luck. Microsoft is doing just fine and the games are selling quite well , even out-selling the ps4 in some cases. It`s not something the trolls or Sony fanboys like to acknowledge. As long as Sony sells more consoles they think somehow their winning. Couldn`t be further from the truth. The games , software , downloadable content etc etc is where the bread and butter are.

A lot of posters here will not like this post... Be ready for a fanpup/pessimistic assault....

I for one, do agree that Attachment Rate, is a more important number than overall hardware sales numbers...

But I also have been trolled, flamed and insulted for this view... All I get when I tell the fanpups to learn about why/how attachment rates work, is....

'Shut up xbot, consoles sales is what matters... How about you show me I'm wrong' Instead of learning about something, they sling poop...

You might have a bigger install base, but if you don't carry software sales higher per console than your competition, well then... You aren't showing to developers and distributors the reason to just support your hardware...

Software is where the real money is... Not in hardware

Let the usual suspects... Return...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#37LooksLikeRainPosted 7/24/2014 8:37:54 PM
Ellesarien posted...
This one is easy : Idiots.

---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#38IzraeilPosted 7/24/2014 9:22:46 PM
ScRui posted...
archibald3 posted...

A lot of posters here will not like this post... Be ready for a fanpup/pessimistic assault....

I for one, do agree that Attachment Rate, is a more important number than overall hardware sales numbers...

But I also have been trolled, flamed and insulted for this view... All I get when I tell the fanpups to learn about why/how attachment rates work, is....

'Shut up xbot, consoles sales is what matters... How about you show me I'm wrong' Instead of learning about something, they sling poop...

You might have a bigger install base, but if you don't carry software sales higher per console than your competition, well then... You aren't showing to developers and distributors the reason to just support your hardware...

I think you you got flamed for lying not the viewpoint.
As every multiplat has sold better on PS4 mostly by HUGE margins, Here's some examples of the most notable games released so far:

-----------XB1.--PS4
CoD: G--1.89---2.41(27%)
AC4: BF-.83----1.72(100%)
WD-------1.02--2.34(130%)
Fifa 14---.98----2.29(133%)
BF4------1.39--1.97(41%)
NFS: R--.38----.98(157%)
MGS:GZ-.17---.75(341%)
Tomb R--.17---.45(164%)

So on average these games have sold 136% better on PS4 that means for every one copy sold on XB1, there were 2.36 copies sold on PS4.
BTW I agree with you that software sales are more important than hardware sales, and that's precisely why PS4 is leagues ahead of XB1.

Last gen 360 sold more software but the difference was very small, and many games still sold better on PS3 like Assassin's Creed, GTA, Fifa, and all Japanese games. But right now there is not a single game that has sold better on XB1, and the disparity between the sales is HUGE.
#39SunDevil77Posted 7/24/2014 9:50:08 PM
Because fanboyism
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#40Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 10:00:51 PM
Izraeil posted...
ScRui posted...
archibald3 posted...

I think you you got flamed for lying not the viewpoint.
As every multiplat has sold better on PS4 mostly by HUGE margins, Here's some examples of the most notable games released so far:

-----------XB1.--PS4
CoD: G--1.89---2.41(27%)
AC4: BF-.83----1.72(100%)
WD-------1.02--2.34(130%)
Fifa 14---.98----2.29(133%)
BF4------1.39--1.97(41%)
NFS: R--.38----.98(157%)
MGS:GZ-.17---.75(341%)
Tomb R--.17---.45(164%)

So on average these games have sold 136% better on PS4 that means for every one copy sold on XB1, there were 2.36 copies sold on PS4.
BTW I agree with you that software sales are more important than hardware sales, and that's precisely why PS4 is leagues ahead of XB1.

Last gen 360 sold more software but the difference was very small, and many games still sold better on PS3 like Assassin's Creed, GTA, Fifa, and all Japanese games. But right now there is not a single game that has sold better on XB1, and the disparity between the sales is HUGE.

If you look at the figures and factor in that the PS4 has sold 100% more than the XBOX ONE at this point, anything over that 100% is showing more games sold per console. This means Sony has captured the hard core gamers that buy nearly every major release. A major victory for Sony and attracting developers in droves.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin