Why is it that the X1 is "unsuccessful" because the PS4 is outselling it?

#41garcia_jxPosted 7/24/2014 11:08:34 PM
DepreceV2 posted...
I don't fully understand this. Sure they aren't meeting their initial goals but if they are making a significant amount of money then how is that a failure?

Think about it like this. You have 2 kids saling lemonade to the neighbors in the same neighborhood. Kid A is saling A LOT more lemonade than Kid B. However, Kid B is saling a respectable amount and is bringing in plenty of money. Did Kid B fail because he couldn't out sale Kid A? I personally don't think so if plenty if money is still coming in.

I don't think anyone is saling anything
#42ZeroShot101Posted 7/24/2014 11:15:20 PM
I feel like the fanboys on this board are cancer. All they do is cry wolf about which console is better when most real gamers could give two s****, go play games instead of arguing with sweaty kids behind their computer screens trying to win their imaginary war.

I could name you guys off but im sure you know who you are.
#43redeyes6778Posted 7/24/2014 11:29:46 PM
Its not fanboyism to say PS4 is the best console this gen, M$ got cocky with the whole DRM and #dealwithit, they dropped the ball and handed the lead to PS4
#44TheBonfiniPosted 7/24/2014 11:32:44 PM
Americans are very patriotic
---
Friendly advice taken.
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#45singhellotakuPosted 7/24/2014 11:35:48 PM
the big concern is that as they lose market share, they lose a huge amount of future software sales, they don't want to become like the ps3 where most people bought multiplats on 360 and only bought exclusives on the ps3
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#46SabramPosted 7/24/2014 11:43:53 PM
ZeroShot101 posted...
I feel like the fanboys on this board are cancer. All they do is cry wolf about which console is better when most real gamers could give two s****, go play games instead of arguing with sweaty kids behind their computer screens trying to win their imaginary war.

I could name you guys off but im sure you know who you are.

And I guess you imagine fans of sports teams don't argue over who has a better pitcher, or quarterback, or goalie? Fans of racing don't argue over who is the better driver, or who has a better pit crew? Do fans of music not argue over what genre is better than what, or even what artist is better within that genre?

Fans of ANYTHING argue about their subject with other fans of the same thing. It's how it goes. People arent going to play happy family just because it's games. There will be arguments over what system is better, what game is better and so on simply because it's natural to compare two things that are similar against each other. How long do you think taste tests between Coke and Pepsi have been going on also? I can tell you a lot longer than videogames have even existed.

The only people who are annoying in this, are the ones who lie, refuse to accept OBVIOUS and EVIDENT truths, and those who tell others to stop debating it. You fall into the third category.

So long as the discussion remains civil and doesnt resort to name calling, other kinds of flaming, threats, or lies, I see no problems at all letting people talk back and forth about what they prefer in games. It's this disparity in the population that drives competition, which so many claim is a good thing for the industry. If no one compared the two systems, there would be no competition as each would have their own ecosystem of consumers. Then you would have a situation like with TracFone and iPhone. They don't compete against each other at all, even though they do most of the same things. You can even get prepaid TracFones that are nearly AS good as iPhones, yet they still don't compete.

This is what Nintendo understood last gen, and everyone else did subconsciously even if they didnt realize it. Nintendo was not directly competing with Sony and MS on consoles with the Wii, they were marching to the beat of their own drum. That mindset worked really well for them last gen, unfortunately they decided to re-enter the main console race and have suffered for it with the Wii U being a bit of a failure.

So yeah, compare away on these things, let's keep seeing which console does what better or has what better games. It's all opinion anyway and unless someone is misinformed or lying there's no wrong or right in it. Just keep it civil and there will be no problems.

Oh and ZeroShot? What you're stating is basically that you want to oppress these gamers' freedom of speech on one of their favorite subjects. Do you really want to be that guy?
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#47jerrickPosted 7/24/2014 11:45:06 PM
Would MS do a lot of 180s if they think the console is sucessfull?
#48TheGam3925Posted 7/25/2014 12:07:23 AM
Izraeil posted...
ScRui posted...
archibald3 posted...
Money is made off other things than the consoles themselves. If that were the case both companies would be out of luck. Microsoft is doing just fine and the games are selling quite well , even out-selling the ps4 in some cases. It`s not something the trolls or Sony fanboys like to acknowledge. As long as Sony sells more consoles they think somehow their winning. Couldn`t be further from the truth. The games , software , downloadable content etc etc is where the bread and butter are.

A lot of posters here will not like this post... Be ready for a fanpup/pessimistic assault....

I for one, do agree that Attachment Rate, is a more important number than overall hardware sales numbers...

But I also have been trolled, flamed and insulted for this view... All I get when I tell the fanpups to learn about why/how attachment rates work, is....

'Shut up xbot, consoles sales is what matters... How about you show me I'm wrong' Instead of learning about something, they sling poop...

You might have a bigger install base, but if you don't carry software sales higher per console than your competition, well then... You aren't showing to developers and distributors the reason to just support your hardware...

Software is where the real money is... Not in hardware

Let the usual suspects... Return...

I think you you got flamed for lying not the viewpoint.
As every multiplat has sold better on PS4 mostly by HUGE margins, Here's some examples of the most notable games released so far:

-----------XB1.--PS4
CoD: G--1.89---2.41(27%)
AC4: BF-.83----1.72(100%)
WD-------1.02--2.34(130%)
Fifa 14---.98----2.29(133%)
BF4------1.39--1.97(41%)
NFS: R--.38----.98(157%)
MGS:GZ-.17---.75(341%)
Tomb R--.17---.45(164%)

So on average these games have sold 136% better on PS4 that means for every one copy sold on XB1, there were 2.36 copies sold on PS4.
BTW I agree with you that software sales are more important than hardware sales, and that's precisely why PS4 is leagues ahead of XB1.

Last gen 360 sold more software but the difference was very small, and many games still sold better on PS3 like Assassin's Creed, GTA, Fifa, and all Japanese games. But right now there is not a single game that has sold better on XB1, and the disparity between the sales is HUGE.

Ouch, Sony is leading in that too.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#49SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/25/2014 1:27:28 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Izraeil posted...
ScRui posted...
archibald3 posted...
Money is made off other things than the consoles themselves. If that were the case both companies would be out of luck. Microsoft is doing just fine and the games are selling quite well , even out-selling the ps4 in some cases. It`s not something the trolls or Sony fanboys like to acknowledge. As long as Sony sells more consoles they think somehow their winning. Couldn`t be further from the truth. The games , software , downloadable content etc etc is where the bread and butter are.

A lot of posters here will not like this post... Be ready for a fanpup/pessimistic assault....

I for one, do agree that Attachment Rate, is a more important number than overall hardware sales numbers...

But I also have been trolled, flamed and insulted for this view... All I get when I tell the fanpups to learn about why/how attachment rates work, is....

'Shut up xbot, consoles sales is what matters... How about you show me I'm wrong' Instead of learning about something, they sling poop...

You might have a bigger install base, but if you don't carry software sales higher per console than your competition, well then... You aren't showing to developers and distributors the reason to just support your hardware...

As every multiplat has sold better on PS4 mostly by HUGE margins, Here's some examples of the most notable games released so far:

-----------XB1.--PS4
BF4------1.39--1.97(41%)
Tomb R--.17---.45(164%)

So on average these games have sold 136% better on PS4 that means for every one copy sold on XB1, there were 2.36 copies sold on PS4.
BTW I agree with you that software sales are more important than hardware sales, and that's precisely why PS4 is leagues ahead of XB1.

Last gen 360 sold more software but the difference was very small, and many games still sold better on PS3 like Assassin's Creed, GTA, Fifa, and all Japanese games. But right now there is not a single game that has sold better on XB1, and the disparity between the sales is HUGE.

Lol keep patting yourself on the back man, that piece of plastic must mean a lot to you. The X1 is doing just fine, its just the Ps4 is doing better. I guess the ps3 should've thrown in the towel after the first year too, right?
---
gt: For Spartaa
#50IzraeilPosted 7/25/2014 1:30:58 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Izraeil posted...
ScRui posted...
archibald3 posted...

-----------XB1.--PS4
BF4------1.39--1.97(41%)
Tomb R--.17---.45(164%)

Lol keep patting yourself on the back man, that piece of plastic must mean a lot to you. The X1 is doing just fine, its just the Ps4 is doing better. I guess the ps3 should've thrown in the towel after the first year too, right?

PS3 sold more in its first year than 360. The only reason 360 was ahead was due to the year head start.