Why is it that the X1 is "unsuccessful" because the PS4 is outselling it?

#61BirgitteSilverPosted 7/25/2014 4:11:17 AM
Microsoft has only shipped 2 million units so far this year. That's terrible.

No matter how good the launch did they aren't going to get very far selling so badly post-launch.
#62ScRuiPosted 7/25/2014 4:29:53 AM
Same old same old... Same things were said last gen... You guys crack me up...

I wonder why developers keep releasing games for the Xbox one then... Or Wii U and why the original Wii had almost no 3rd party support...

Hardware sales is what matters!!

SoulTrapper ... I like that 'Tie ratio' ... Don't know about attachment rates... Well lets bring in something else into the argument that 'seems' to serve my bias views...

You guys believe what you want... By all of your 'numbers' and theories the Xbox ONE should be discontinued immediately!!

Funny though in reality, more and more games keep coming with 'critical acclaim' for it in the near future... While my PS4 is 'awaiting greatness'

Keep up the good fight... Usual suspects have been baited... Just like clock work...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#63LapanuiPosted 7/25/2014 4:31:06 AM
BirgitteSilver posted...

No matter how good the launch did they aren't going to get very far selling so badly post-launch.

Considering the Wii U has only sold over 1 million so far this year, we might as well put the all the Wii U's in New Mexico and pour cement over them...

Just because it's 2nd place, doesn't mean it's currently doing great in sales each month. The X1 will easily overtake it.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#64SoulTrapperPosted 7/25/2014 4:53:02 AM
ScRui posted...

Keep up the good fight... Usual suspects have been baited... Just like clock work...

"I was only pretending to be an idiot!"

Sure thing.
#65ScRuiPosted 7/25/2014 4:57:59 AM
LMFAO ... Clown
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#66method115Posted 7/25/2014 5:06:49 AM
Lapanui posted...
BirgitteSilver posted...

Considering the Wii U has only sold over 1 million so far this year, we might as well put the all the Wii U's in New Mexico and pour cement over them...

Just because it's 2nd place, doesn't mean it's currently doing great in sales each month. The X1 will easily overtake it.

I wouldn't be so sure the Wii U has been outselling the X1 lately.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#67Juzten76Posted 7/25/2014 6:08:26 AM
Pulp posted...
Three questions spring to mind:

Who says MS is making money on the X1 (either model)?

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-squeezes-little-profit-out-of-each-xbox-one/

Most money is made from software sales anyway. Neither Sony or Microsoft is making much profit on the consoles.

If MS isnt worried (opinion that means the most), why all these 180s after launch?

They listen to fans and make changes based on what they want. Its this crazy thing companies do to try and increase sales. Any company that wants to be successful is always looking to increase sales.

If you are 3rd in a three person race, does the bronze medal still mean you did well?

The entire point of a race is to come in first and win. The entire point of selling a console is to make money. The consoles are not in a race and they aren't being judged by what place they come in. Do you care about what place your brand of peanut butter is among the competition? What if the brand of toothpaste you just bought is in 10th place? There's a lot of car companies in the world. Are you driving a car made by a first place company? Probably not.

It's sad that I needed to explain this to you. Next time my neighbor has a garage sale I'll let him know that it wasn't a success because somewhere out there, someone else made more money with their garage sale and is in first place.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#68LapanuiPosted 7/25/2014 6:13:43 AM
June NPD
http://gamingeverything.com/june-2014-npd-hardware-sales-for-all-platforms/

X1 is at 197k
Wii U is at 140k
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#69Exodus_PrimePosted 7/25/2014 6:17:34 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Pulp posted...
Three questions spring to mind:

Who says MS is making money on the X1 (either model)?

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-squeezes-little-profit-out-of-each-xbox-one/

Most money is made from software sales anyway. Neither Sony or Microsoft is making much profit on the consoles.

If MS isnt worried (opinion that means the most), why all these 180s after launch?

They listen to fans and make changes based on what they want. Its this crazy thing companies do to try and increase sales. Any company that wants to be successful is always looking to increase sales.

If you are 3rd in a three person race, does the bronze medal still mean you did well?

The entire point of a race is to come in first and win. The entire point of selling a console is to make money. The consoles are not in a race and they aren't being judged by what place they come in. Do you care about what place your brand of peanut butter is among the competition? What if the brand of toothpaste you just bought is in 10th place? There's a lot of car companies in the world. Are you driving a car made by a first place company? Probably not.

It's sad that I needed to explain this to you. Next time my neighbor has a garage sale I'll let him know that it wasn't a success because somewhere out there, someone else made more money with their garage sale and is in first place.

Haha talk about dropping a megaton on them boys.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#70The_RaterPosted 7/25/2014 6:38:56 AM
drm scandal has left many xbox 360 gamers to either keep their 360 or move to the PS4.