Why is it that the X1 is "unsuccessful" because the PS4 is outselling it?

#71PulpPosted 7/25/2014 9:07:05 PM
Man...this is a little too easy.

Juzten76 posted...
http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-squeezes-little-profit-out-of-each-xbox-one/

Most money is made from software sales anyway. Neither Sony or Microsoft is making much profit on the consoles.

Even if those estimates are accurate -- you do realize those numbers pretend the retailers have no margins, correct? Of course you do...no one is that stupid. You understand retailers make a profit as well. So that aside, we agree MS does not make their profit directly on systems sold...which was my point. So thanks for agreeing, sort of, I guess.

They listen to fans and make changes based on what they want. Its this crazy thing companies do to try and increase sales. Any company that wants to be successful is always looking to increase sales.

Impressive spin there kiddo. We've come a long way from #dealwithit, haven't we? Companies do try to increase sales, that's true -- what they don't do is completely alter the original product vision 6 months into it's cycle. If anyone truly & honestly believes that MS hasn't butchered the original Xbone in response to low sales then they are quite simply deluded.

The entire point of a race is to come in first and win. The entire point of selling a console is to make money. The consoles are not in a race and they aren't being judged by what place they come in. Do you care about what place your brand of peanut butter is among the competition? What if the brand of toothpaste you just bought is in 10th place? There's a lot of car companies in the world. Are you driving a car made by a first place company? Probably not.

None of those products rely on 3rd party support for customer satisfaction -- but it was fun watching you desperately try to form an apples to oranges comparison there. Well, fun and a little pathetic. Either way, that wasn't remotely what I said or what I was replying about -- I don't actually care what place MS in. But Microsoft cares. And they didn't plan for 3rd place. And they will not be happy underperforming. Period.

It's sad that I needed to explain this to you. Next time my neighbor has a garage sale I'll let him know that it wasn't a success because somewhere out there, someone else made more money with their garage sale and is in first place.

It's like you've completely given up on the pretext of making anything resembling a logical comparison. Fair enough...and expected, since you need to delve into the absurd to believe anything you are trying to claim.

Throw some more "megatons" of logic my way -- it's like slow pitch kid.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#72slowdog76Posted 7/26/2014 12:04:23 AM
you know Pulp, why is it people like you, that quite clearly do have half a brain in your head and can form a coherent argument feel the need to then throw out words like "pathetic" and "kid" and other such put downs at the person you are responding to? your execrable attitude completely belittles everything you have to say and turns your argument from something worthy of attention and debate into nothing more than the ramblings of a contemptible human being devoid of empathy.

i would love to debate and retort to your comments - this is a forum after all - but I read the above and know that a debate is not what would happen. instead the reply you would utter forth would be just another example of you straining to establish your opinion as being most worthy over all others.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#73PulpPosted 7/26/2014 12:34:11 AM(edited)
slowdog76 posted...
i would love to debate and retort to your comments - this is a forum after all - but I read the above and know that a debate is not what would happen. instead the reply you would utter forth would be just another example of you straining to establish your opinion as being most worthy over all others.

I give what I get - if someone is going to be a tool by talking down to me with misplaced sarcasm, absurdity and hyperbole, I am happy to reciprocate.

Either you are bias or didn't read jiz's post. Pick one...junior.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#74slowdog76Posted 7/26/2014 12:36:21 AM
or you could rise above and be the better man.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#75redeyes6778Posted 7/26/2014 4:25:19 AM
Simple fact is X1 is a failure because it did not meet M$ expectations when they released it, while PS4 exceeded Sony's expectation, which just rubs salt in M$ wound
#76InfinityOver0Posted 7/26/2014 6:18:23 AM
redeyes6778 posted...
Simple fact is X1 is a failure because it did not meet M$ expectations when they released it, while PS4 exceeded Sony's expectation, which just rubs salt in M$ wound

and lemon juice in their eyes
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#77ILikesCheesePosted 7/26/2014 11:51:32 AM
DepreceV2 posted...

I don't fully understand this. Sure they aren't meeting their initial goals but if they are making a significant amount of money then how is that a failure?

This is easy: Because Microsoft itself has abandoned or changed so many of it's plans for the Xbox One which shows signs that the company is distancing itself from the console gaming industry.

- 25% Price Drop to compete with the PS4 after just 6 months.
- Kinect not essential or innovative.
- MS Studios tanked before doing much of anything. (Unless you count all that time wasted on the subject at E3 2013.)
- Angry investors.
- Angry gamers.
- MS layoffs centered in the Xbox and Nokia divisions.

Nintendo is not setting the world on fire with the Wii U either, but there's no danger of that company exiting the video game business. Same with Sony and the PS4 either as the console coupled with their movie studio are the bright spots of the corporation. I do not see MS supporting the Xbox brand for much longer. Whether that means the line will be spun off, sold off, killed off, or become software only is anyone's guess...but make no mistake major changes are forthcoming due to the "unsuccessful" launch of the Xbox One.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#78ILikesCheesePosted 7/26/2014 11:56:13 AM
Pulp posted...
They listen to fans and make changes based on what they want. Its this crazy thing companies do to try and increase sales. Any company that wants to be successful is always looking to increase sales.

Impressive spin there kiddo. We've come a long way from #dealwithit, haven't we?

LOL...haven't heard someone put it quite that way before.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#79Miiri0Posted 7/29/2014 11:25:45 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
DepreceV2 posted...

I don't fully understand this. Sure they aren't meeting their initial goals but if they are making a significant amount of money then how is that a failure?

This is easy: Because Microsoft itself has abandoned or changed so many of it's plans for the Xbox One which shows signs that the company is distancing itself from the console gaming industry.

- 25% Price Drop to compete with the PS4 after just 6 months.
- Kinect not essential or innovative.
- MS Studios tanked before doing much of anything. (Unless you count all that time wasted on the subject at E3 2013.)
- Angry investors.
- Angry gamers.
- MS layoffs centered in the Xbox and Nokia divisions.

Nintendo is not setting the world on fire with the Wii U either, but there's no danger of that company exiting the video game business. Same with Sony and the PS4 either as the console coupled with their movie studio are the bright spots of the corporation. I do not see MS supporting the Xbox brand for much longer. Whether that means the line will be spun off, sold off, killed off, or become software only is anyone's guess...but make no mistake major changes are forthcoming due to the "unsuccessful" launch of the Xbox One.

This. Thing look bleak for xbone investors.
#80Juzten76Posted 7/29/2014 1:15:12 PM(edited)
Pulp posted...
Man...this is a little too easy.

Juzten76 posted...
http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-squeezes-little-profit-out-of-each-xbox-one/

Most money is made from software sales anyway. Neither Sony or Microsoft is making much profit on the consoles.

Even if those estimates are accurate -- you do realize those numbers pretend the retailers have no margins, correct? Of course you do...no one is that stupid. You understand retailers make a profit as well. So that aside, we agree MS does not make their profit directly on systems sold...which was my point. So thanks for agreeing, sort of, I guess.

Impressive spin there kiddo. We've come a long way from #dealwithit, haven't we? Companies do try to increase sales, that's true -- what they don't do is completely alter the original product vision 6 months into it's cycle. If anyone truly & honestly believes that MS hasn't butchered the original Xbone in response to low sales then they are quite simply deluded.

The entire point of a race is to come in first and win. The entire point of selling a console is to make money. The consoles are not in a race and they aren't being judged by what place they come in. Do you care about what place your brand of peanut butter is among the competition? What if the brand of toothpaste you just bought is in 10th place? There's a lot of car companies in the world. Are you driving a car made by a first place company? Probably not.

None of those products rely on 3rd party support for customer satisfaction -- but it was fun watching you desperately try to form an apples to oranges comparison there. Well, fun and a little pathetic. Either way, that wasn't remotely what I said or what I was replying about -- I don't actually care what place MS in. But Microsoft cares. And they didn't plan for 3rd place. And they will not be happy underperforming. Period.

It's sad that I needed to explain this to you. Next time my neighbor has a garage sale I'll let him know that it wasn't a success because somewhere out there, someone else made more money with their garage sale and is in first place.

It's like you've completely given up on the pretext of making anything resembling a logical comparison. Fair enough...and expected, since you need to delve into the absurd to believe anything you are trying to claim.

Throw some more "megatons" of logic my way -- it's like slow pitch kid.

All you did with your reply was insult me for answering your troll questions with correct answers. You didn't prove me wrong, you just spent your entire post talking down to me for putting you in your place. You come off as a very angry person with some serious self esteem issues.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot