Irony XBROS! Crytek wants first XBOX ONE Homefront game to look as good as Ryse!

#1SolnotPosted 7/24/2014 10:39:50 AM
http://www.totalxbox.com/79660/crytek-wants-xbox-ones-first-homefront-game-to-look-as-good-as-ryse/

But wants "to do it a hell of a lot cheaper!"

With Homefront: The Revolution, Crytek UK aims to "at least" match Ryse: Son of Rome's level of visual fidelity in places while delivering a much larger and more complex world, technical animation director Mark Jackson has told OXM.

Naturally, the first of these objectives is liable to be achieved at the expense of the second - the vaster the playspace, the fewer resources there are to blow on the kind of fine-detailing you'd associate with the wardrobe of a certain Marius Titus. Jackson feels that more efficient techniques can make up for this, however, and hopes that when the developer is obliged to compromise, this won't be obvious to the player.

"Hopefully there's stuff you'll see in Homefront that will at least match that, that was always the intention," he told me at Develop this month. "To do it in-house and match what Ryse had done, but do it a hell of a lot cheaper.

"So I mean, Ryse touted - I can't remember the exact figure, but over 700 joints. Some of those were the skin-based joints, some of them were joints to get data out, to drive blendshapes. We've cut that right the way down, right the way down to something like 80 joints in a face now, so it'll have 30 blendshapes at the most. Which, from the data we're getting, I think does a damn good job.

"It's that trade-off between - OK, we could do that, we could go that extra mile, but it means five less characters on screen, it means compromising in other areas. It's not that huge cinematic event, so it's got to take its place in amongst the rest of these systems."

Elsewhere in our chat, Jackson also discussed the practical applications of the Xbox One cloud as regards a game like The Revolution, and reassured me that Crytek UK remains incredibly fond of Timesplitters.

You'll read the rest of the interview in a forthcoming issue of OXM - among other topics, Jackson touched on Homefront: The Revolution's AI and physics. He was unable, alas, to speak about persistent rumours that Crytek as a whole is in serious financial trouble.
#2TOhasNoRingPosted 7/24/2014 10:43:38 AM
Dude stfu already. There is no need to make 5 topics in 5 minutes.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#3SigmaLongshotPosted 7/24/2014 11:43:42 AM
Just because something is contradictory doesn't make it ironic. There's a distinction.

Also, why is Solnot able to post twelve topics per minute without being penalised, when I'm placed on "warning" status for posting topics with a lighthearted, gaming theme with the intention to bring together the Gamefaqs community without bias?

I honestly don't understand the politics here.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 7/24/2014 11:47:44 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Just because something is contradictory doesn't make it ironic. There's a distinction.

Also, why is Solnot able to post twelve topics per minute without being penalised, when I'm placed on "warning" status for posting topics with a lighthearted, gaming theme with the intention to bring together the Gamefaqs community without bias?

Maybe he has diplomatic immunity like that evil troll BlackFeathers?

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#5TBONE_OGPosted 7/24/2014 11:49:10 AM
Solnot only makes topics. You never see him reply/respond.

I think he's got connections at GameFAQs...
---
Always O.G.
#6extankerPosted 7/24/2014 11:52:36 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

Maybe he has diplomatic immunity like that evil troll BlackFeathers?---

That remind anybody else of the scene at the end of Lethal Weapon 2 when the South African bad guy says 'Diplomatic Immunity' and Danny Glover shoots him in the head 'It's just been revoked!' Just a thought...
#7That_Damn_KidPosted 7/24/2014 12:00:27 PM
People like you are the reason there's a limit to topics created per day
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89/// X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#8GambitbuzzkillPosted 7/24/2014 12:02:55 PM
Great now I have to go watch lethal weapon again
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#9Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 12:31:16 PM
TBONE_OG posted...

Noway!

There is no such thing as "connections" at GameFaQs.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 7/24/2014 12:35:58 PM
Laylow12 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

Noway!

There is no such thing as "connections" at GameFaQs.

Orly??? I think there is! Everyone in this topic is now BANNED!

*has posted in this topic too*

http://i.imgur.com/Y9eplBn.gif
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg