Dark Souls 2 for XBOX ONE Gets Another Lead to Prove its Existence!!

#1SolnotPosted 7/24/2014 11:32:03 AM
http://segmentnext.com/2014/07/19/dark-souls-2-for-xbox-one-appears-on-microsoft-store-under-google-search-results/

‘Buy Dark Souls 2 for Xbox One’ from Microsoft Store now tops the Google Search Results, giving rise to another speculation that the game is indeed headed to current-gen consoles.

Originally discovered by Reddit user Mango_D0wn, searching the exact keywords ‘Dark Souls II for Xbox One’ yields a link to Microsoft Store (check the screenshot below). Opening up the link, however, redirects to Dark Souls II for Xbox 360 page.

Viewing the Source Code of the Xbox 360 purchase page reveals that the term ‘Dark Souls II for Xbox One’ has been used thrice in it. I’ve found that opening up one of these links redirects to Xbox One Game Store, but without any mention of the game.

Previously, Tesco Direct also listed Dark Souls II for Xbox One and Playstation 4, but it didn’t contain a satisfying box-art and mentioned 31/12/13 as a release date – I’m sure they meant 31/12/14.

Contacting From Software hasn’t been fruitful yet as they are not willing to comment on the subject.

Personally, the Tesco Direct listings do not appeal me at all! As for the Google Search Result, it can be a mistake. Besides, every major AAA Xbox One game launches at $59.99, while the Dark Souls II for Xbox One is priced at $39.99 which is same as its Xbox 360 counterpart.

The community is eager to get its hands on a current-gen port of the game which is also evident from a petition at Change.Org that has received 3,233 signatures at the time of writing this.

What’s your take on this, XBROS? Do you guys believe Dark Souls II is worth buying twice?
#2Mindwipe77Posted 7/24/2014 11:33:39 AM
just about every big game from last gen is getting a port looks like, helps to fill the holes between the new gen game releases like Dragon Age 3
---
Xbox has the worst fanboys in all of gaming
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#3cheezedadadaPosted 7/24/2014 11:49:23 AM(edited)
Speaking of Dark Souls 2, I am playing that DLC right now and the Dragons Sanctum was a blast :/

Dark Souls 2 is still my favorite game of 2014 so far, but I played it too much. Not sure if I could do it all over AGAIN.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. - XBRO - http://i.imgur.com/WCKJOYY.jpg
#4pnut3844Posted 7/24/2014 11:34:09 AM
Just bc it's a top search doesn't mean anything
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 7/24/2014 12:39:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PimXA95.gif
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#6stawg007Posted 7/24/2014 1:59:15 PM
Hopefully the dlc comes with it
#7idrc82Posted 7/24/2014 2:19:03 PM
id double dip on that. Just recently started playing on ps3. The graphics are just fine on last gen consoles but seeing the game at a steady 60fps would be eye pleasing. If it does come id hope that the dlc is included.
---
3ds fc: 4055-3970-3371
PsN: xGambloRx Wii u: Ouroboros-wrath XBONE: T BOMBASTUS
#8jastenPosted 7/24/2014 2:26:14 PM
So a port of a mediocre game is attention worthy? Maybe if it was the first Dark Souls there would be something to get excited about but DS2 was a poorly made sequel that failed on almost every level.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.
#9abbeldydooPosted 7/24/2014 2:35:01 PM
jasten posted...
So a port of a mediocre game is attention worthy?

Nope but a port of Dark Souls 2 is.
---
i'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday through friday plane!
#10jastenPosted 7/24/2014 3:07:30 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
jasten posted...
So a port of a mediocre game is attention worthy?

Nope but a port of Dark Souls 2 is.

Like I said.. port of a mediocre game.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.