do you think bungie will or should

#1pnut3844Posted 7/24/2014 1:49:46 PM
Let people keep their beta builds? I know it gives an unfair advantage but let's face it, bungie is already giving advantages to ps owners, so apparently they don't mind doing it.
#2Massillon_GPosted 7/24/2014 1:50:36 PM
Nope.
---
GT: MGG 9000
NNID: Massillon
#3TBONE_OGPosted 7/24/2014 1:53:01 PM
It would be nice to keep some stuff...

It's just odd that they let you get level 10 gear or so in the beta.
---
Always O.G.
#4phineasfoolPosted 7/24/2014 2:04:13 PM
Have they said it definitely won't carry over? One of my coworkers played the alpha and his character carried over to the beta. I also don't see how it would really be an unfair advantage since it only takes a few hours to hit max level.

I mainly just want to keep the emblem I spent over 2000 glimmer on.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#5uniquebadgerPosted 7/24/2014 2:18:58 PM
I would hate to see this become a trend. Essentially you would be punishing the people who didn't want to pre-order the game or didn't get into the beta. But this is also coming from someone who hates pre-order items and DLC in games as exclusives, it just punishes someone who doesn't want to just buy a game on hype and wants to wait to see if the game is good or not.

TBONE_OG posted...

I think in this case it is most likely the blue gear starts at lvl 10, but i could be wrong on that. But since it is a beta they didn't bother to tailor the item drops to the level cap, instead we are seeing the items that would be available at the point in the game to earn. Same reason we see ??? monsters in areas we aren't supposed to access at that low of a level, you will probably go back there at a higher level to clear the areas.

It would take far to much work for them to tailor all the gear down to the beta and level cap when the point of the beta really is to stress test the servers.
#6pnut3844(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 2:23:45 PM
uniquebadger posted...
I would hate to see this become a trend. Essentially you would be punishing the people who didn't want to pre-order the game or didn't get into the beta. But this is also coming from someone who hates pre-order items and DLC in games as exclusives, it just punishes someone who doesn't want to just buy a game on hype and wants to wait to see if the game is good or not.

TBONE_OG posted...

I think in this case it is most likely the blue gear starts at lvl 10, but i could be wrong on that. But since it is a beta they didn't bother to tailor the item drops to the level cap, instead we are seeing the items that would be available at the point in the game to earn. Same reason we see ??? monsters in areas we aren't supposed to access at that low of a level, you will probably go back there at a higher level to clear the areas.

It would take far to much work for them to tailor all the gear down to the beta and level cap when the point of the beta really is to stress test the servers.

The last time I preordered was halo 3 "the most anticipated game ever", was supposedly gonna be sold out for months. When I picked up my copy at best buy and saw all the copies on the shelf, I said I'd never do it again.
#7LooksLikeRainPosted 7/24/2014 2:25:13 PM
If they do, I hope the include an option to start fresh.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#8pnut3844(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 2:26:49 PM
I take that back, I preordered skyrim, simply to get it at midnight. I was the 5th person to get it, it was hilarious. Everyone was in the store screwing around and when I paid for my copy and got my slip I asked how it was going to happen. The gamestop employee told me "at 11:50 we are going to make everyone go outside and we are going to close the doors. Then at 12 we'll reopen them and you can come in." So while everyone was screwing off I went outside and sat by the door. I got mine and left, with the line backed up a good quarter mile into our mall. Gotta play it smart and ask people.
#9uniquebadgerPosted 7/24/2014 2:32:53 PM
pnut3844 posted...
uniquebadger posted...

TBONE_OG posted...

The last time I preordered was halo 3 "the most anticipated game ever", was supposedly gonna be sold out for months. When I picked up my copy at best buy and saw all the copies on the shelf, I said I'd never do it again.

I think one of the last games i probably pre-ordered was one of the CoD's a few years ago. Anymore if i want a game i will just go somewhere and pick it up the day of. And usually if it comes with some crappy poster or whatever if gamestop still has them they will just give them to you the next day even if you weren't a pre order.
#10saleamaPosted 7/24/2014 2:34:17 PM
uniquebadger posted...

TBONE_OG posted...

Wow! This generation kills me. How is you see this as a punishment to those who didn't preorder instead of a reward for those who did? Unreal.