The Witcher 3 Dev Says the Key With Sex Is to Not Sell Your Game on It

#1zerooo0Posted 7/24/2014 3:24:19 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-dev-says-the-key-with-sex-is-to-not-/1100-6421289/

I completely agree with CDPR.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2RuinerEraserPosted 7/24/2014 3:27:10 PM
I know a Larry who wears a lot of relaxed suits who would beg to differ. :P
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#3Crystyn_7BPosted 7/24/2014 3:32:43 PM
Kinda hilarious coming from CDPR, it'd be believable it if it came from Bioware.

Geralt is a horny constantly cheating nympho.

Triss got a colossal boob and ass job from TW1 to TW2 when she should have scar tissue on her torso from a severe burn after which she stopped showing cleavage in the source material.
#4zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 3:51:49 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Kinda hilarious coming from CDPR, it'd be believable it if it came from Bioware.

Triss got a colossal boob and ass job from TW1 to TW2 when she should have scar tissue on her torso from a severe burn after which she stopped showing cleavage in the source material.

I feel like you missed the point of the article.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5uniquebadgerPosted 7/24/2014 3:52:13 PM
My problem with sex in games is it is usually just an overly awkward scene that actually breaks immersion in a game. Usually its some form of really odd dry humping or the character models make really weird movements or have very dead looks on their faces.
#6userfrigginamePosted 7/24/2014 3:54:55 PM
That's also the key to any "gimmick," or feature. If you don't make a big deal about it, the fans may actually like it.
#7DionysusPosted 7/24/2014 3:55:21 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...

What's the point? Do as I say, not as I do?

Seriously though, Witcher 2 wasn't that bad. The first one was very trite in it's handling of sex.
#8Crystyn_7BPosted 7/24/2014 3:57:36 PM(edited)
zerooo0 posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...

Apparently, as TW2 was most definitely sold with sex, heck Triss was featured on the polish playboy's cover.
#9carljenkPosted 7/24/2014 3:56:46 PM
I refuse to play a game unless it contains gay sex
#10LotrMorgothPosted 7/24/2014 4:08:47 PM(edited)
did someone tell this guy to go plough himself within five minutes of starting?
---
"You will not be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life"-Camus