Who started that whole 1080p BS?

#21Foxx3kPosted 7/24/2014 5:38:16 PM
Parisinflames78 posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Microsoft having an underpowered console is what started it.
Don't pretend like lack of 1080p isn't a big deal.

It isn't because resolution has zero impact on whether I enjoy a game or not.

Would you play a game in sub-480 resolution?

Remember that in the early Xbox 360 days this meant that most text was illegible.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#22Parisinflames78Posted 7/24/2014 5:47:08 PM
I'd still play NES games if they released new ones. Prime example when I first got my XBO I played almost 40 hourscof AC4 with the condole set on 720p because ii thought the console was set to 1080p automatically.
#23MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/24/2014 5:49:40 PM
I'd still play NES games if they released new ones. Prime example when I first got my XBO I played almost 40 hourscof AC4 with the condole set on 720p because ii thought the console was set to 1080p automatically.

That's RIGHT!

I'd play Pong all fricken day if I had some sort of device that could play it. I've been hankering for Atari's ET The Extraterrestrial too.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#24Shadowfxd2Posted 7/24/2014 5:51:02 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...

That's RIGHT!

I'd play Pong all fricken day if I had some sort of device that could play it. I've been hankering for Atari's ET The Extraterrestrial too.

no wonder you guys don't play on PC and play on Xbone. I now understand the term "console peasants" thanks to you two and I've been gaming since early 80s...
#25Foxx3kPosted 7/24/2014 5:52:42 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...

That's RIGHT!

no wonder you guys don't play on PC and play on Xbone. I now understand the term "console peasants" thanks to you two and I've been gaming since early 80s...

I don't think graphics are as important as some people make them out to be, but seriously some people on this board come across acting like there's no difference at all in this picture:
http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Battlefield4_Scalable_001.png?42e955
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#26quincy2000aPosted 7/24/2014 5:55:29 PM
The year is 2014 not 2000.

If developers can program to take full advantage of my new systems, that's what I want.

And if one system can take full advantage of graphics/resolution/fps so I can play on my 60" 1080p TV, that's the system I'll be buying my multiplats on.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#27Shadowfxd2Posted 7/24/2014 5:56:44 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...

That's RIGHT!

I don't think graphics are as important as some people make them out to be, but seriously some people on this board come across acting like there's no difference at all in this picture:
http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Battlefield4_Scalable_001.png?42e955

aspect ratio is different from graphics. Basically Xbone has to stretch out their 900p image to 1080p, while PC and PS4 does 1080p natively.
#28Parisinflames78Posted 7/24/2014 5:57:59 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...

That's RIGHT!

I Also play on PC same principle applies there as well. How exactly does not caring about shiny graphics make me a peasant?
#29gamebuyer22Posted 7/24/2014 5:58:12 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
gamebuyer22 posted...
Well considering 360 started HD (720p) console gaming all the way back in 2005, 1080p(or even more) and 60fps should be standard with a system launching in 2013. The fact there are so many 720p games on X1 is where it all stems from. Plus inferior ports.

So its a reverse of the Ps3 and 360 last gen. Ps3 had some bad ports for the first few years. With some laughably bad ones like Bayonetta or Ghostbusters running at 540p haha. I owned both systems so it didnt matter though.

Actually several games for the OG Xbox supported 720p including Soul Caliber 2 and enter the matrix(which was also one of the few that supported 1080i)

PS2 had a handful of games that supporrted 720p, most notably Gran Tourismo 4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_with_HD_support

Hey thats true. I should of said made HD gaming standard with 360. I have several games on the real Xbox 1 that ran in 720p. Dragons Lair 3D, Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Scarface, The Warriors, Nba Ballers, Soul Calibur, Crash Racing, among a few others.
#30Shadowfxd2Posted 7/24/2014 5:59:14 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...

That's RIGHT!

I Also play on PC same principle applies there as well. How exactly does not caring about shiny graphics make me a peasant?

if you play on PC and think aspect ratio is graphics, then you obviously don't play on PC.