Who started that whole 1080p BS?

#31Parisinflames78Posted 7/24/2014 6:00:34 PM
When did I ever mention aspect ratio?
#32EnclavePosted 7/24/2014 6:01:15 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
Playstation fans have been jealous of Xbox since the first one came out. They were so sure last gen that the PS3 had the vastly superior hardware, and many of them will still try to claim that it was more powerful, and there was some kind of conspiracy that MS was paying 3rd party developers to make the 360 versions of multi-plats better or that developers were just being lazy. Some are saying the same thing now with Xbox one starting to hit 1080p on more multi-plats, that the PS4 is being "held back".

Huh? The PS3 was indeed more powerful than the 360. It's a fact. What's also a fact is that Microsoft didn't pay devs to make the 360 version superior. What made the 360 versions of games to often be superior was the 360 was significantly easier to code for. The PS3 architecture was an absolute mess.

Additionally, it is indeed also a fact that catering to a weaker system or a more difficult to develop for one can indeed affect the overall quality of other versions of a game. That said, it's foolish to think that the Xbone is holding back the PS4 versions of games. What's holding things back is publishers currently having games released on the PS3 and 360 still.

In a few years? Maybe the Xbone will hold back the PS4 versions of games. I'm not convinced though, the PS4 may be more powerful than the Xbone but they're close enough together that it shouldn't have much if any of an impact. I'd be far more concerned if publishers/developers start trying to cater to the Wii U as that could potentially affect the PS4 and Xbone versions of games.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#33shogo10Posted 7/24/2014 6:01:29 PM
There's no reason the majority of games released this gen shouldn't be in 1080p since that is the res most tvs use now.

Next-gen means we should be getting a jump in image quality not settling for the same crap as last-gen. If you want blame anyone blame MS for releasing a weaker console.
#34Shadowfxd2Posted 7/24/2014 6:02:17 PM
Parisinflames78 posted...

look at the topic title, that's the subject of this thread. it's up on top^
#35Foxx3kPosted 7/24/2014 6:05:43 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

Resolution is not aspect ratio.

1080p and 720p have the same aspect ratio.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#36RuinerEraserPosted 7/24/2014 6:06:41 PM
ITT: A bunch of nerds fight over consoles and video terms.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#37Miiri0Posted 7/24/2014 6:17:12 PM(edited)
I think it started with movies. When 1080p movies and 1080p tv become popular, more and more casual crowds are aware of it or at least know 1080p is good and desirable.

The truth is, Xbone maybe weak to properly handle 1080p like ps4. But most xbone games that run on lower resolution are still ok, playable and not looking too bad.
#38Shadowfxd2Posted 7/24/2014 6:17:37 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

Resolution is not aspect ratio.

1080p and 720p have the same aspect ratio.

you're right, I meant resolution.
#39BoneRevolutionPosted 7/24/2014 6:27:14 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
Playstation fans have been jealous of Xbox since the first one came out. They were so sure last gen that the PS3 had the vastly superior hardware, and many of them will still try to claim that it was more powerful, and there was some kind of conspiracy that MS was paying 3rd party developers to make the 360 versions of multi-plats better or that developers were just being lazy. Some are saying the same thing now with Xbox one starting to hit 1080p on more multi-plats, that the PS4 is being "held back".

^10/10

It's just Sony overhyping their console with buzzwords again, while fanboys follow suit and sheep around. As a result: disappointment

GDDR5, Cell, 1080p, Emotion Engine....yawn.. We've seen it all before
#40Shadowfxd2Posted 7/24/2014 6:33:09 PM
BoneRevolution posted...
iamdanthaman posted...

^10/10

It's just Sony overhyping their console with buzzwords again, while fanboys follow suit and sheep around. As a result: disappointment

GDDR5, Cell, 1080p, Emotion Engine....yawn.. We've seen it all before

it was: http://www.diffen.com/difference/PlayStation_3_vs_Xbox_360

xbox fans: http://i.imgur.com/U6akEsA.jpg