Who started that whole 1080p BS?

#41ItchyTasty93Posted 7/24/2014 6:34:59 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
Parisinflames78 posted...
I'd still play NES games if they released new ones. Prime example when I first got my XBO I played almost 40 hourscof AC4 with the condole set on 720p because ii thought the console was set to 1080p automatically.

That's RIGHT!

I'd play Pong all fricken day if I had some sort of device that could play it. I've been hankering for Atari's ET The Extraterrestrial too.

no wonder you guys don't play on PC and play on Xbone. I now understand the term "console peasants" thanks to you two and I've been gaming since early 80s...

Someone who brags that he's from the 80's.

Typical elitist.
---
i7 3770K / ASUS P8Z77-V /Corsair 16 GB Vengeance / Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 / Asus GeForce GTX 670 / Corsair HX PS 750-W
#42AwayFromHerePosted 7/24/2014 6:38:49 PM
Laughable topic is laughable.

360 was released as the first true HD console, at Microsoft's claims, despite not having an HDMI port.

So, if MS was first, shouldn't they have been able to 'master' the technology for the XBOne to achieve higher graphical capabilities on a more consistent basis?

Or is it Sony's fault the XBOne can't do it?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#43Shadowfxd2Posted 7/24/2014 6:39:46 PM
ItchyTasty93 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
I'd still play NES games if they released new ones. Prime example when I first got my XBO I played almost 40 hourscof AC4 with the condole set on 720p because ii thought the console was set to 1080p automatically.

That's RIGHT!

I'd play Pong all fricken day if I had some sort of device that could play it. I've been hankering for Atari's ET The Extraterrestrial too.

no wonder you guys don't play on PC and play on Xbone. I now understand the term "console peasants" thanks to you two and I've been gaming since early 80s...

Typical elitist.

Why so salty? Nothing to play on Xbone?
#44Tajaz2426Posted 7/24/2014 6:39:58 PM
Wasn't Microsoft touting 1080p at the reveal? Just curious, I thought they did.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#45BoneRevolutionPosted 7/24/2014 6:40:12 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Laughable topic is laughable.

360 was released as the first true HD console, at Microsoft's claims, despite not having an HDMI port.

So, if MS was first, shouldn't they have been able to 'master' the technology for the XBOne to achieve higher graphical capabilities on a more consistent basis?

Or is it Sony's fault the XBOne can't do it?

???
#46singhellotakuPosted 7/24/2014 6:45:09 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
Playstation fans have been jealous of Xbox since the first one came out. They were so sure last gen that the PS3 had the vastly superior hardware, and many of them will still try to claim that it was more powerful, and there was some kind of conspiracy that MS was paying 3rd party developers to make the 360 versions of multi-plats better or that developers were just being lazy. Some are saying the same thing now with Xbox one starting to hit 1080p on more multi-plats, that the PS4 is being "held back".

Truth is that games that came on early last gen were usually 720p, but later on devs realized that they could make their games look better by increasing the details, textures and post processing and decreasing the resolution to 540p and scaling up. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened this gen, and games settled in closer to 900p, but I'm not sure the resolution whores will allow that to happen.

so, so much crazy in that paragraph
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#47ItchyTasty93Posted 7/24/2014 6:47:42 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
ItchyTasty93 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...

That's RIGHT!

Typical elitist.

Why so salty? Nothing to play on Xbone?

Lots of games. How about you?

Go and do your usual job.
(Hating the Vita & the Xbone)

That's your sole purpose in life..
Hatred..
right?

LMAO
---
i7 3770K / ASUS P8Z77-V /Corsair 16 GB Vengeance / Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 / Asus GeForce GTX 670 / Corsair HX PS 750-W
#48MecamattPosted 7/24/2014 6:51:52 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Microsoft having an underpowered console is what started it.
Don't pretend like lack of 1080p isn't a big deal.

The Bone has 1080p games, even the Wii U is capable of putting out 1080p. And a lack of 1080p isn't a big deal. I'd rather play a great game with terrible graphics on my 3DS than a bad game with great graphics on the Bone or PS4. I own all three consoles and a gaming PC that can play most games on ultra. I still say graphics don't matter. Does that make me a rich ass?

Not really, I've purchased them all around different times and I have a pretty decent paying job (meteorologist). That being said, I've experienced all of them, pretty graphics are only very temporarily enjoyable. Memorable moments come from the experience within the game. Playing Civilization or Halo with your friends until the sun comes up will always stay with you, but the first time you saw the graphics of Infamous Second Son will not. If I want great graphics I'll just go outside.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2251-4708-8870 Guys, check out my kickstarter!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742636845/the-cumulus-engines-debut-record
#49Masterchief5525Posted 7/24/2014 6:59:56 PM
Howatizer posted...
Graphics obsessed morons who really should be playing on a PC since it matters to them so much.

---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A
#50kuterPosted 7/24/2014 7:00:26 PM
1080p "BS" started by devs claiming the X1 couldn't run games on 1080p.