Who started that whole 1080p BS?

#51quincy2000aPosted 7/24/2014 7:05:12 PM
kuter posted...
1080p "BS" started by devs claiming the X1 couldn't run games on 1080p.

Stardock CEO Brad Wardell--"In addition to this, Wardell also shared his view on what exactly is the reason behind developers being able to hit glorious 1080p on PlayStation 4 at will, with their games, as compared to Xbox One. He stated that its due to DDR5 vs DDR3 difference.

"When asked to elaborate a bit on "DDR5 vs DDR3", Wardell replied: "the difference is mainly bandwidth. DDR5 can get more stuff to and from the graphics system much much faster." "

The PS4--don't hate it because it's beautiful...
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#52AshuriPosted 7/24/2014 7:10:06 PM
If i want the best graphics possible on a single player, I get it on my PC. When i want to play with my friends and have some good multimedia control, I power up the X1/360. I use my PS4 for.... well... it's still up on craigslist... but if 1080p really mattered, everyone would be on PC honestly.
---
"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." - SomeLikeItHoth
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68277484
#53RadarPosted 7/24/2014 7:20:45 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
I did. It was me... I'm to blame. Here's what happened...

One night long ago, I was out at a bar with some friends and we shooting some pool, talking the bs. You know -- having a good time. And out of nowhere some broad bumps into me, spilling my drink on my pants. Naturally, I was pissed. That was a high quality cocktail soaking into my underwear. As I turned to say, wtf, I was shocked and amazed to see this beautiful woman standing before me. I was flustered, embarrassed. standing there with a wet a crotch. Suddenly, these words just fell out of my mouth. "Wow... you're so hot, you must be in 1080p." Dead silence. I froze. What did I just say? That made no sense. She's not a crisp and clear video game in a top notch resolution. She's a real woman for Christ sake! Well, I did what any normal man would do after he says something completely idiotic. I looked up and smirked like a moron. At this time, my friends were on the other side of the pool table in awe, other bar patrons were in a daze, and this broad, this chick, this gorgeous woman just takes me in for a second, and says, "You're damn right I am." And the place just lost it. People went nuts. They were saying, OMG -- that's like the hottest thing ever! People were breaking chairs, throwing pool balls. I think one dude jumped out a window into the street and screamed, "1080p for me of nothing" and then got hit by a bus. When the police started hosing people down and making arrests, I lost sight of Miss 1080p in all the commotion. And to this day, I still yearn for her. Every chance I get I sneak by that bar time to time, just to see if she'll return. The search continues. One day I say. One day she'll be back... and hopefully this time... in 60fps.

I appreciate the gesture, but he didn't do it. I did. I didn't want to, and I didn't mean to, but I had to. In the end I was all but forced. But don't worry, I will do everything I can to make it right.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#54RippleLaserPosted 7/24/2014 7:22:19 PM
Still calling 1080p BS at 2014? Even mobile phones now are 1440p, don't tell me I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, because I can.

Xbone can't run it so it's BS?
---
Just according to keikaku*. *Keikaku means plan.
FC: 3308-4927-8051 Pansear Pyroar Braixen
#55SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 7/24/2014 7:22:49 PM
Digital Foundry is making all kinds of ad revenue off this crap.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#56Shadowfxd2Posted 7/24/2014 7:23:54 PM
RippleLaser posted...
Still calling 1080p BS at 2014? Even mobile phones now are 1440p, don't tell me I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, because I can.

of course it is, but some people need reassurance that they didn't waste $500 on a inferior console with a camera.
#57ht02135Posted 7/24/2014 7:24:39 PM
you xbone start to sound bitter :p
#58YumeOMiruPosted 7/24/2014 7:26:04 PM
RippleLaser posted...

Yes.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#59Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 7:30:17 PM
Microsoft was classless and started the war; Sony responded with the PS4

http://majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#60BoneRevolutionPosted 7/24/2014 7:30:22 PM
quincy2000a posted...
kuter posted...
1080p "BS" started by devs claiming the X1 couldn't run games on 1080p.

Stardock CEO Brad Wardell--"In addition to this, Wardell also shared his view on what exactly is the reason behind developers being able to hit glorious 1080p on PlayStation 4 at will, with their games, as compared to Xbox One. He stated that its due to DDR5 vs DDR3 difference.

"When asked to elaborate a bit on "DDR5 vs DDR3", Wardell replied: "the difference is mainly bandwidth. DDR5 can get more stuff to and from the graphics system much much faster." "

The PS4--don't hate it because it's beautiful...

Brad Wardell huh...I'm sure I heard this name before...oh yeah, he's that guy talking about DX12

“it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one” - Brad Wardell, Stardock CEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0trrEQzWE4