Who started that whole 1080p BS?

#81dolablaPosted 7/24/2014 8:54:55 PM(edited)
Laylow12 posted...
dolabla posted...
Honestly, nobody actually started it. It just happened. Now it's something we as a community can't avoid. We just have to grow thicker skin (I'm getting there) and brush it off. As much as it pains me to say, PS4 is the more superior product.

You have a lot of class dude. I think its Microsofts fault 100% and you guys just get hit with the shrapnel being thrown at them.

They did try to ruin the hobby and people aren't going to forgive and forget, especially when Sony and Nintendo aren't trying to "Redefine the definition of game ownership" and forcing a camera and microphone array onto their customers after being caught red handed in the biggest spy scandal in history.

I wish your side had more respectable guys like yourself that don't attack the messenger and debate with honesty and integrity.

http://majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/

Thanks, LL.

I wished my side also didn't accuse so much. It makes us all seem paranoid. Unfortunately, the 1080p thing is an unavoidable situation.

I've had to come to reality as you've been presenting more and more facts to me (and the board) over the last several months. You know what though, even though it hurts, I respect you for educating me.

In fact, if I could pay you a compliment because of how knowledgeable you are, I would describe you as an unbiased walking/talking book of facts.
#82Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/24/2014 8:54:30 PM
tydog98 posted...
No one "started it". The only thing that happened is that FPS/resolution replaced bits

this. it was here since the beginning.
#83DBGBPosted 7/24/2014 9:13:08 PM
http://www.gamepur.com/files/imagepicker/48/thumbs/xbox-one-ad-5.jpg
---
I feel sorry for Xbone fan's. No seriously.....I feel sorry for them. Xbox One sucks hardcore. Waiting for Magic the Gathering 2015 (only on iPad/Android/PC)
#84N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/24/2014 9:15:47 PM
dolabla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
dolabla posted...
Honestly, nobody actually started it. It just happened. Now it's something we as a community can't avoid. We just have to grow thicker skin (I'm getting there) and brush it off. As much as it pains me to say, PS4 is the more superior product.

You have a lot of class dude. I think its Microsofts fault 100% and you guys just get hit with the shrapnel being thrown at them.

They did try to ruin the hobby and people aren't going to forgive and forget, especially when Sony and Nintendo aren't trying to "Redefine the definition of game ownership" and forcing a camera and microphone array onto their customers after being caught red handed in the biggest spy scandal in history.

I wish your side had more respectable guys like yourself that don't attack the messenger and debate with honesty and integrity.

Thanks, LL.

I wished my side also didn't accuse so much. It makes us all seem paranoid. Unfortunately, the 1080p thing is an unavoidable situation.

I've had to come to reality as you've been presenting more and more facts to me (and the board) over the last several months. You know what though, even though it hurts, I respect you for educating me.

In fact, if I could pay you a compliment because of how knowledgeable you are, I would describe you as an unbiased walking/talking book of facts.

Whats that all over your nose? Eww....Laylows dinner from last night? *gags* Dude, seriously this is the internet, you dont need to kiss his ass for any reason...errr...wait...

''....I've had to come to reality as you've been presenting more and more facts to me (and the board) over the last several months. You know what though, even though it hurts, I respect you for educating me.

*sigh*...alt confirmed.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#85CaanimalPosted 7/24/2014 9:18:50 PM
I'm pretty sure micro&soft started the whole 1080p nonsense started mid last gen w/ either them or their fans trying to "counter" the fact PS3 exclusives were starting to look far better than xbox games, including exclusives.

Either way, no matter who started it, it has become tedious at best and embarrassing to all gamers.
#86PraetorXynPosted 7/24/2014 9:34:38 PM
The sad part about this thread is people acting like the PS4 is consistently hitting 1080p/60 FPS. It isn't. You're basically bragging about Sony's turd being slightly shinier than Microsoft's.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#87dolablaPosted 7/24/2014 9:35:28 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
dolabla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
dolabla posted...

Thanks, LL.

Whats that all over your nose? Eww....Laylows dinner from last night? *gags* Dude, seriously this is the internet, you dont need to kiss his ass for any reason...errr...wait...

''....I've had to come to reality as you've been presenting more and more facts to me (and the board) over the last several months. You know what though, even though it hurts, I respect you for educating me.

*sigh*...alt confirmed.

It's not about kissing anything. I'm just giving credit where credit is due. He's a very knowledgeable guy. I respect him as an unbiased poster that just wants what's best for us. Me and him have had some great/friendly debates on this board the last several months.

I have to say, I think he's gotten the best of me. He always seems to have links/devs to back him up. Again, that's just giving the man his due. I wished this board could learn a thing or two about giving others their props.
#88Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 9:45:25 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
dolabla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
dolabla posted...

Thanks, LL.

*sigh*...alt confirmed.

You're nuts man. This dude and I have argued for over a year about this crap, Lol. Im friends with a lot of the "pro" Microsoft guys around here. You can't argue for over a year without developing some form of respect if the people are fair and don't call names or post PR spin like cloud topics.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#89iamdanthamanPosted 7/24/2014 10:11:49 PM
Ahh, the old "PS3 was harder to program for" excuse. Sorry, but no. The 360 had a significantly stronger GPU than than the ps3 and the cell architecture was just a bad design to begin with, which resulted in nobody ever coming close to utilizing its stated theoretical performance values.

The major problem is that the average Sony fan thinks they understand computer hardware design when they really don't have a clue. They assume that because the ps4 has 50% more CUs in its GPU, that means that the ps4s GPU will perform 50% better, when in reality, anyone with even a tiny bit of experience in such things can tell you that is totally false.

There is a point where you start to see significantly diminished returns, which is why Microsoft didn't add any more CUs than they did, and Sony suggests that their extra CUs should be used for things such as physics calculations or AI because they won't make a difference graphically. That is why people who know what they are talking about are not surprised that unlocking the extra 10% from kinect has gotten the Xbox one much closer to the ps4 in terms of performance than most of the internet "experts" predicted.
---
All your base are belong to us
#90OMGWYATTPosted 7/24/2014 10:39:44 PM
Microsoft
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18