Sunset Overdrive is a great example of Art Style taking priority

#1zerooo0Posted 7/24/2014 5:34:18 PM
Sunset Overdrive is one of my most anticipated games this year due to it's crazy art style. The game is colorful, and has few shades of brown in the game. I hope Insomniac the best of luck with Sunset Overdrive to do great, and hopefully we will get more of Sunset Overdrive.

Funny, not to start anything but I'm going to include this, back when I was getting a PS4 2013 The Order had my attention completely. The game looks amazing graphically, but Sunset Overdrive came out of nowhere at E3 and showed an amazing fun looking art style, and this is personal preference but judging both from the E3 demos Sunset Overdrive looks to have the more fun gameplay. I know these two games are completely different, but that's The Order just had all of my attention and now Sunset Overdrive has it.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2rainmaker7783Posted 7/24/2014 5:42:28 PM
Sunset looks good but i am going to wait a few weeks before getting it, just to see what everybody thinks about the co-op first because that is what i am most interested in.
---
People on my ignore list - 162 Because i come here to talk to Gamers not Trolls
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 5:43:53 PM
rainmaker7783 posted...
Sunset looks good but i am going to wait a few weeks before getting it, just to see what everybody thinks about the co-op first because that is what i am most interested in.

Always a smart decision to wait and see, I did that with Watch Dogs and I say I dodge a shaky bullet on that one. I'm getting Sunset day one though because that with Titanfall sold me the console.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#4jerrickPosted 7/24/2014 5:46:09 PM
So colorful is artistic? Shadow of Colossus and Ico are my two favorites when it comes to artistic design and they're not vibrant.
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 5:50:56 PM
jerrick posted...
So colorful is artistic? Shadow of Colossus and Ico are my two favorites when it comes to artistic design and they're not vibrant.

It comes down to taste or opinion. I never played either of those games, so I have no idea what their art style is, but Sunset Overdrive art style is a welcome change versus the brown and grey of a typical doomsday scenario game. Or say The Order for example, from the E3 demo it's main color pallete looks like brown and black versus Sunset Overdrive bright colors all around makes the game look really different from each other.

Also anything is really artistic depends on how you look at it. Anything and everything is art.
---
#6MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/24/2014 5:51:38 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Sunset Overdrive is one of my most anticipated games this year due to it's crazy art style.

TC, you think YOU'RE anticipating its arrival? I have literally lost sleep!

This game is going to make all the trolls shut up and accept the Xbox One. Just you wait and see.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#7FOXSOLIDPosted 7/24/2014 8:38:55 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Sunset Overdrive is one of my most anticipated games this year due to it's crazy art style.

This game is going to make all the trolls shut up and accept the Xbox One. Just you wait and see.

You've really convinced yourself that it's going to be that special? Lol you guys never learn.
#8zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 8:57:55 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
zerooo0 posted...

You've really convinced yourself that it's going to be that special? Lol you guys never learn.

I never said that it was going to be anything special. I did say that it was a system seller for me, and I think it has one of the best art styles this gen so far.
---
#9FOXSOLIDPosted 7/24/2014 10:20:22 PM
zerooo0 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
zerooo0 posted...

I never said that it was going to be anything special. I did say that it was a system seller for me, and I think it has one of the best art styles this gen so far.

I was talking to the MS shill.
#10Millertime660Posted 7/24/2014 10:29:43 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
zerooo0 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
zerooo0 posted...

I was talking to the MS shill.

Is that really necessary?