Sunset Overdrive is a great example of Art Style taking priority

#11Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 9:37:50 PM
zerooo0 posted...
rainmaker7783 posted...
Sunset looks good but i am going to wait a few weeks before getting it, just to see what everybody thinks about the co-op first because that is what i am most interested in.

Always a smart decision to wait and see, I did that with Watch Dogs and I say I dodge a shaky bullet on that one. I'm getting Sunset day one though because that with Titanfall sold me the console.

You honestly haven't got watch dogs? It's worth it and I think the only fault is the graphics (on both platforms). They're not bad and they're great in some interiors but kinda rough in the overall world.

As for Sunset Overdrive; I can't lie, the game looks like its going to be a blast. I dislike the dropped frames in the demos but from what I read this was before the 10% GPU increase from disabling KINECT 2.0 and Insomniac said the increase will help with that but it remains to be seen.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12InjusticeRebornPosted 7/24/2014 9:57:21 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Sunset Overdrive is one of my most anticipated games this year due to it's crazy art style.

TC, you think YOU'RE anticipating its arrival? I have literally lost sleep!

This game is going to make all the trolls shut up and accept the Xbox One. Just you wait and see.

You've really convinced yourself that it's going to be that special? Lol you guys never learn.

I don't know who to worry about more. Those who pretend to be an avid supporter of a console, or those who fall for it. D:
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#13bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 7/24/2014 10:01:22 PM
I'll wait for it to drop down to like $20 used.
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!
#14Sith JediPosted 7/24/2014 10:03:04 PM
jerrick posted...
So colorful is artistic? Shadow of Colossus and Ico are my two favorites when it comes to artistic design and they're not vibrant.

Yes, it is. That doesn't mean that other styles aren't artistic though. Sunset, Okami, Wind Waker and even Guacamelee are great examples of games that put artistic style ahead of graphics. Same with SotC and Ico.

Although colorful ones tend to get noticed more since they stand out.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#15RaukuePosted 7/24/2014 10:08:51 PM
I can't help but keep thinking if that is what will keep away some Xbox owners though. Those of us online here make a small percent of console owners. So I mean if this game does not hit it big like it should... then does that mean Xbox really is branded as this dudebro console with the gritty FPS, racing and sports games? And that is the identity of Xbox owners? When it comes to majority or at least 50% of owners.
---
I enjoy open world/sandbox games.
#16zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 7:56:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17EllesarienPosted 7/25/2014 7:59:39 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
zerooo0 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Sunset Overdrive is one of my most anticipated games this year due to it's crazy art style.

TC, you think YOU'RE anticipating its arrival? I have literally lost sleep!

This game is going to make all the trolls shut up and accept the Xbox One. Just you wait and see.

You've really convinced yourself that it's going to be that special? Lol you guys never learn.

I never said that it was going to be anything special. I did say that it was a system seller for me, and I think it has one of the best art styles this gen so far.

I was talking to the MS shill.

No..you are talking to a walking parody. You just haven't figured it out yet.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#18zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 8:54:55 AM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
I'll wait for it to drop down to like $20 used.

Have fun waiting for a year probably year and a half.

I'm going to get the fun game when it's release and actually support Insomniac for hopes of a sequel.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#19Shura_SurplicePosted 7/25/2014 9:13:45 AM(edited)
This is like Bayonetta, so desperate to look cool that it ends up looking stupid.

Only way I am trying this game is if one day they give it for free with gwg.
#20zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 9:16:51 AM
Shura_Surplice posted...
This is like Bayonetta, so desperate to look cool that it ends up looking stupid.

Only way I am trying this game is if one day they give it for free with gwg.

I disagree. The game is just trying to be a video game and not take itself seriously. Also what makes the game look stupid? It's Insomniac, so of course the game is going to be crazy.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton