Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Magna Carta

#11boolzeroPosted 7/24/2014 10:39:07 PM
People here act like JRPGs MUST be released exclusively on particular systems just because they sell better on those. If that were the case, then the converse should be said for genres that don't sell as well on those other systems. Let's not ride the one sided ignorance train shall we? At the rate the industry has been going, those coveted JRPGs haven't realistically sold much better on those other systems when considering the sales goals these companies make for their games. Having these games across multiple platforms makes the most sense for profitability and survivability of this genre because they honestly aren't selling well enough to sustain then even on the systems that they do sell "better" on.

In short: asking for these games to only stay to one particular console is asking for them to die off or be forced to diminish in quality due to the necessary cut in budget v. profitability ratio these games would have to suffer in order to release and remain profitable against their projected sales... Don't ask to cut the nose off to spite the face...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#12redeyes6778Posted 7/24/2014 11:07:41 PM
boolzero posted...
People here act like JRPGs MUST be released exclusively on particular systems just because they sell better on those. If that were the case, then the converse should be said for genres that don't sell as well on those other systems. Let's not ride the one sided ignorance train shall we? At the rate the industry has been going, those coveted JRPGs haven't realistically sold much better on those other systems when considering the sales goals these companies make for their games. Having these games across multiple platforms makes the most sense for profitability and survivability of this genre because they honestly aren't selling well enough to sustain then even on the systems that they do sell "better" on.

In short: asking for these games to only stay to one particular console is asking for them to die off or be forced to diminish in quality due to the necessary cut in budget v. profitability ratio these games would have to suffer in order to release and remain profitable against their projected sales... Don't ask to cut the nose off to spite the face...

FF 13 sold so much more on Ps3, Tales of vespira and star ocean TLH both orginally released on 360 sold poorly but ended up selling better once the PS3 ports came JRPG sell better on japanese based consoles as xbox fails in Asia, the region where JRPG's sell the most, no point porting a JRPG to the xbox to get marginal sales, it would be like porting mass effect 3 to wii u, it sold terribly not justifying the effort and cost of porting it
#13FootballRulezPosted 7/24/2014 11:11:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14possessionPosted 7/24/2014 11:15:07 PM
Magna Carta is the only one I care about.
---
I'm over personalities conflicting. I don't need you, or anyone, but me. I'll just be living my own life.
Wanted games moved to bio.
#15redeyes6778Posted 7/24/2014 11:24:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16CKnightPosted 7/24/2014 11:34:32 PM
JRPGs are dying regardless of what console they're on.

With that said I would like to see another Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Ni No Kuni and of course Final Fantasy. And an HD/remastered release of Namco's Xenosaga Trilogy.
#17PulpPosted 7/24/2014 11:35:09 PM
Of those, I can see LO getting a sequel...maybe. Doubt it would be exclusive. Isnt the dev busy with handheld/mobile development?
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#18Bobsy84Posted 7/24/2014 11:35:14 PM
If lost odyssey had been a final fantasy game it would of been the best FF since 9, one of my all time favorite jrpg
#19rainmaker7783Posted 7/24/2014 11:35:57 PM
Sounds like redeye is the jealous fanboy to me, upset because they released on xbox and he had to wait
---
People on my ignore list - 162 Because i come here to talk to Gamers not Trolls
#20uniquebadgerPosted 7/24/2014 11:48:04 PM
What about The Last Remnant? Once you get over the goofy way the main character walks/runs the combat and gameplay is actually good and very in-depth with combos.