Gamestop you've done it again!

#1jck86Posted 7/24/2014 6:08:56 PM
So this is where my story begins. I've had destiny standard edition pre-ordered on Xbox one way long ago when they started taking pre-orders. In the beginning of the month when the ghost edition got announced I rushed out to secure my copy. All was well until the recent walmart fiasco going on. I decided to double check to make sure. When I go and check the gamestop app, I am immediately horrified! It says I have the ghost edition ordered for the PS3. That dumbass at gamestop canceled my standard copy on X1 and moved it over to ps3. I called today and the employee says I messed up? I tell him It doesn't make any sense. Why the hell would I move it from X1 to ps3. In the end he says they will try to fix it and to call back tomorrow. What do you guys think. Am I screwed? Sorry for the rant but as of now I'm pretty pissed.
#2DojoMaxPosted 7/24/2014 6:16:09 PM
jck86 posted...
So this is where my story begins. I've had destiny standard edition pre-ordered on Xbox one way long ago when they started taking pre-orders. In the beginning of the month when the ghost edition got announced I rushed out to secure my copy. All was well until the recent walmart fiasco going on. I decided to double check to make sure. When I go and check the gamestop app, I am immediately horrified! It says I have the ghost edition ordered for the PS3. That dumbass at gamestop canceled my standard copy on X1 and moved it over to ps3. I called today and the employee says I messed up? I tell him It doesn't make any sense. Why the hell would I move it from X1 to ps3. In the end he says they will try to fix it and to call back tomorrow. What do you guys think. Am I screwed? Sorry for the rant but as of now I'm pretty pissed.

Can't they just switch it
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#3doodles40Posted 7/24/2014 6:20:30 PM
DojoMax posted...
jck86 posted...

Can't they just switch it

Not if they're already sold out.
---
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
#4SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 7/24/2014 6:21:46 PM
I would punch Gamestop in the face.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#5bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 7/24/2014 6:21:47 PM
Bring your receipt and fix the issue.
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!
#6Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 6:22:47 PM
That sucks man. If its any consolation to you Amazon borked up my Ghost edition order too!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#7Robin_MaskPosted 7/24/2014 6:22:54 PM
Honestly, this is why I pre-order closer to release, instead of just doing it a year or so before, I just wait until either the special editions get announced or a month before.

Still, that is stupid of the employee. Such a mistake shouldn't be done, SAME REASON I check the version on the receipt.
---
I fought Maximillian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsW7c_cnyU
#8jck86(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:30:17 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
Honestly, this is why I pre-order closer to release, instead of just doing it a year or so before, I just wait until either the special editions get announced or a month before.

Still, that is stupid of the employee. Such a mistake shouldn't be done, SAME REASON I check the version on the receipt.

I did exactly that. They announced the ghost edition in the early part of July. that's when I ordered it. and no as I told the employee, nowhere on the receipt does it mention ps3.
#9jmf1Posted 7/24/2014 6:58:37 PM
Yea that is some crap TC. If they are sold out of the xbox version at that store i would have them call another nearby store if there is another, and have them switch your preorder to whichever gamestop has it. I dont see any reason why they couldnt do that for you at the very least since you preordered it way back when.
#10IceHuskyPosted 7/24/2014 7:23:56 PM(edited)
What is the big deal about this Destiny Ghost edition? Why do people want it so much that it is completely sold out everywhere?

Also, I wouldn't worry TC. This is Bungie after all. They make tons and tons of C.E. of their games that stores eventually end up putting them on discount, which was evident with all of those HALO collector's edition on the Xbox 360. You'll probably be able to find a Ghost edition of Destiny without preordering on launch day. Gotta keep positive. :)
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf