The new(?) achievements tab is pretty great!

#1AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/24/2014 7:15:19 PM
Does every game show your progress towards unlocking specific achievements now?

Just saw it in Dead Rising 3 when I held the guide button down when unlocking an achievement.
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#2CyberEvilPosted 7/24/2014 9:00:57 PM
It works for any game that does achievement tracking. They don't all do it though. I wish it wouldn't open exclusively as a snapped window now because it also forces whatever app or game you were last using to relaunch if you don't have an active game or app.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#3Chyld989Posted 7/25/2014 4:29:59 PM
CyberEvil posted...
It works for any game that does achievement tracking. They don't all do it though. I wish it wouldn't open exclusively as a snapped window now because it also forces whatever app or game you were last using to relaunch if you don't have an active game or app.

It doesn't open exclusively as a snapped window now, it just tries to open the same way it was last open. You can force it to launch full screen by pushing 'Menu' with the app selected and choosing 'Go full screen'.
#4CyberEvilPosted 7/25/2014 6:02:22 PM
Chyld989 posted...
CyberEvil posted...

It doesn't open exclusively as a snapped window now, it just tries to open the same way it was last open. You can force it to launch full screen by pushing 'Menu' with the app selected and choosing 'Go full screen'.

I know but the fact that if it was last snapped it forces another app to open with it is stupid. There's no way to control it without first opening it. This is annoying when it launches BF4 when I'm just trying to check an achievement before shutting down.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#5HeliosAscensionPosted 7/26/2014 12:48:57 AM
At least you can still use the old achievement section without even dealing with the snapped version
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#6EstocassassinPosted 7/26/2014 2:09:37 AM
CyberEvil posted...
Chyld989 posted...
CyberEvil posted...

I know but the fact that if it was last snapped it forces another app to open with it is stupid. There's no way to control it without first opening it. This is annoying when it launches BF4 when I'm just trying to check an achievement before shutting down.

Chyld989 posted...
CyberEvil posted...

No it doesn't matter if it was last snapped, saying xbox go to achievements or clicking it in the menu will always take you to the full screen. The only time it opens snapped is if you tell it to or you hold the guide button when one pops.
#7matthatter56Posted 7/26/2014 3:38:37 AM
You know it's the little things like this that make me glad that I sat aside my prejudices and just bought this console. I mean the console was so stupid I see that now. Of course Sunset Overdrive was the component in my decision to get an Xbox 1 but still it's little things like this that me glad I have one.
#8EstocassassinPosted 7/26/2014 3:40:56 AM
matthatter56 posted...
You know it's the little things like this that make me glad that I sat aside my prejudices and just bought this console. I mean the console was so stupid I see that now. Of course Sunset Overdrive was the component in my decision to get an Xbox 1 but still it's little things like this that me glad I have one.

It's a reason i'm glad i have one too, i fully expect microsoft to keep cool little features like this coming too.
---
I try to keep it classy but on gfaqs you've just got to get down and dirty with the trolls.