Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/24/2014 9:15:05 PM
Playing through Assassins Creed 4 BF, it's barely within my grasp of human understanding how this game was made after the debacle that was 3.

Likewise Dead Rising 3 is far ahead of the others in terms of presentation and game design I feel similarly.
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#2pnut3844Posted 7/24/2014 9:19:47 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Playing through Assassins Creed 4 BF, it's barely within my grasp of human understanding how this game was made after the debacle that was 3.

Likewise Dead Rising 3 is far ahead of the others in terms of presentation and game design I feel similarly.

Ac3 was much better simply for the fact that it didn't have all the most crap. If I wanted a pirates game I'd buy a freaking pirates game. I want AC. I want scaling walls, assassinating Templars in awesome ways, ancient alien theories, the works. The parts of ac4 that were on land, I liked. Hated the boat. Hated.
#3Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 9:23:57 PM(edited)
pnut3844 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

Ac3 was much better simply for the fact that it didn't have all the most crap. If I wanted a pirates game I'd buy a freaking pirates game. I want AC. I want scaling walls, assassinating Templars in awesome ways, ancient alien theories, the works. The parts of ac4 that were on land, I liked. Hated the boat. Hated.

To each his Own but 3 was so bad story wise (yaaaaaawn), and the controls were just so god awful. But yes, you need to like pirates! Arrgh.
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#4Jedi454Posted 7/24/2014 9:24:51 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

AC3 was better? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

AC3 almost killed the franchise as a whole for me.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#5Millertime660Posted 7/24/2014 9:28:35 PM
Mass Effect.... the difference between 1 and 2 is insane.
#6pnut3844Posted 7/24/2014 9:29:44 PM
Jedi454 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

AC3 was better? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

AC3 almost killed the franchise as a whole for me.

I hated the ending and the voice acting was weak but gameplay wise? Much better. Like I said, hardly any boats.
#7pnut3844Posted 7/24/2014 9:30:52 PM
If you really wanna talk improvement, ac1 to ac2 was a major major improvement.
#8Charity_DiaryPosted 7/24/2014 9:48:21 PM
Metal Gear!?
---
Charity_Diary
#9MixorzPosted 7/24/2014 9:52:35 PM
GTA 3 was a huge leap from 2 and is a big reason why the series is as big as it is.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#10jumbocatPosted 7/24/2014 9:54:34 PM
COD4
---
ED
AC