Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels

User Info: Laylow12

2 years ago#11
I also thought AC3-4 was a huge improvement. Saints Row 2 was an amazing jump from Saints Row 1.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: Hvv0l24n9

2 years ago#12
Devil May Cry 3 from 2(or 1).
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?

User Info: crynryan

2 years ago#13
Gears 3's multiplayer was leagues better than the previous games. Mainly due to the networking seeing a huge improvement in polish (until the Mexicans came and destroyed it a year after launch), it's one of the most polished online experiences you could have when it works right. Gears 1 and 2 both hardly ever worked right, even on LAN.
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)

User Info: PoweredMilkMan

2 years ago#14
Man I liked 3, but I'm a AC fanboy
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon

User Info: Crystyn_7B

2 years ago#15
Assassin's Creed 4 is not an AC title, 3 was horrible but 4 is a Pirate game they tacked on the AC label to sell more copies and ultimately made the game much worse than it'd have been as a standalone Pirate title.

ME2 is the best sequel in existence.

User Info: B1GB0SS_86

2 years ago#16
pnut3844 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Playing through Assassins Creed 4 BF, it's barely within my grasp of human understanding how this game was made after the debacle that was 3.

Likewise Dead Rising 3 is far ahead of the others in terms of presentation and game design I feel similarly.

Ac3 was much better simply for the fact that it didn't have all the most crap. If I wanted a pirates game I'd buy a freaking pirates game. I want AC. I want scaling walls, assassinating Templars in awesome ways, ancient alien theories, the works. The parts of ac4 that were on land, I liked. Hated the boat. Hated.

AC3 was better? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

AC3 almost killed the franchise as a whole for me.

I hated the ending and the voice acting was weak but gameplay wise? Much better. Like I said, hardly any boats.

Brotherhood killed it for me. That ending was the stupidest thing i ever saw. It was then i realized ubisoft was gonna milk the hell out of Assasins creed every year after that so i stopped wasting money on them. I actually really enjoyed ac2 and brotherhood. The first one was a chore to play through.

User Info: da_StoOge

2 years ago#17
Code Veronica to Resident Evil 4
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."

User Info: B1GB0SS_86

2 years ago#18
da_StoOge posted...
Code Veronica to Resident Evil 4

Code veronica was the last true resident evil game.

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
2 years ago#19
Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 and Uncharted 1 to 2 come to mind.

AC2 and Uncharted 2 were two of the most improved sequels that I have ever played.

I think Mortal Kombat 1 to Mortal Kombat 2 is another great example. MK2 was what everyone loved about MK1 but with triple the content.
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.

User Info: slowdog76

2 years ago#20
red dead revolver / redemption
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived