Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels

#31Jiggy101011Posted 7/25/2014 9:35:34 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Playing through Assassins Creed 4 BF, it's barely within my grasp of human understanding how this game was made after the debacle that was 3.

Likewise Dead Rising 3 is far ahead of the others in terms of presentation and game design I feel similarly.

Ac3 was much better simply for the fact that it didn't have all the most crap. If I wanted a pirates game I'd buy a freaking pirates game. I want AC. I want scaling walls, assassinating Templars in awesome ways, ancient alien theories, the works. The parts of ac4 that were on land, I liked. Hated the boat. Hated.

To each his Own but 3 was so bad story wise (yaaaaaawn), and the controls were just so god awful. But yes, you need to like pirates! Arrgh.

I wasnt a huge fan of the pirate aspect of it, I'm more looking forward to being back in a city again. However the complaint about the controls seems silly to me because AC3 and AC4 pretty much has the same control scheme and combat animations.

I will say this also on your comment about "if I wanted a pirates game I will buy a pirates game" there arent that many to choose from. AC4 is a great pirates game just like Red Dead Redemption is a great western game.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed Revelations
#32pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 10:50:16 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Playing through Assassins Creed 4 BF, it's barely within my grasp of human understanding how this game was made after the debacle that was 3.

Likewise Dead Rising 3 is far ahead of the others in terms of presentation and game design I feel similarly.

Ac3 was much better simply for the fact that it didn't have all the most crap. If I wanted a pirates game I'd buy a freaking pirates game. I want AC. I want scaling walls, assassinating Templars in awesome ways, ancient alien theories, the works. The parts of ac4 that were on land, I liked. Hated the boat. Hated.

To each his Own but 3 was so bad story wise (yaaaaaawn), and the controls were just so god awful. But yes, you need to like pirates! Arrgh.

I wasnt a huge fan of the pirate aspect of it, I'm more looking forward to being back in a city again. However the complaint about the controls seems silly to me because AC3 and AC4 pretty much has the same control scheme and combat animations.

I will say this also on your comment about "if I wanted a pirates game I will buy a pirates game" there arent that many to choose from. AC4 is a great pirates game just like Red Dead Redemption is a great western game.

Oh its a good pirate game no doubt. But I don't like those types of games, that's my point. I buy ac to play ac.
#33Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 11:16:26 AM
The controls were very off in 3 imo.. U could perform actions even though the prompt wasnt given.. The basics are the same but it felt so sloppy in 3. And some actions seemed to have no prompts at all..
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#34pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 11:43:32 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
The controls were very off in 3 imo.. U could perform actions even though the prompt wasnt given.. The basics are the same but it felt so sloppy in 3. And some actions seemed to have no prompts at all..

I never had a prob with the controls and they seem to be the same. Even my 5 year old daughter plays. Every day its "daddy daddy can I play the connor game?"
#35stawg007Posted 7/25/2014 11:49:45 AM
Jak 2
PoP Warrior Within
Hitman 2
MGS/MGS2
Gears 3
Call of Duty 4
GTA 3
#36lunaticcorePosted 7/25/2014 11:53:36 AM
Great answers so far.
Mass Effect 2
Cod4
GTA3
Assassins Creed 2
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#37cheezedadadaPosted 7/25/2014 11:55:32 AM
AC1 --> AC2 is definitely one of the best examples here. In my opinion, that might be the biggest leap in quality in a game sequel ever.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. - XBRO obsession --> http://i.imgur.com/WCKJOYY.jpg
#38EllesarienPosted 7/25/2014 12:14:34 PM
cheezedadada posted...
AC1 --> AC2 is definitely one of the best examples here. In my opinion, that might be the biggest leap in quality in a game sequel ever.

This is why I am so bummed about Ryse 2 being cancelled. I really thought they had such a great foundation (like ACI) and if they made adjustments like Ubi did between ACI & ACII we could have had an amazing series in the making.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#39scoobydoobydontPosted 7/25/2014 1:00:49 PM
I can't think of any 1->2 sequel that was a HUGE leap. Sequels are more of the same, streamlined and without the cohesiveness of the original. Graphics usually improve slightly, but a lot gets lost. Half the examples ITT I'd say are steps down, not up, and certainly not HUGE. But that's just me... I think purely from a playability standpoint Fallout 3 stepped up, but it was a pretty unique situation and could be considered a soft reboot. That's about it.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#40cheezedadadaPosted 7/25/2014 1:28:19 PM
Ellesarien posted...
cheezedadada posted...

This is why I am so bummed about Ryse 2 being cancelled. I really thought they had such a great foundation (like ACI) and if they made adjustments like Ubi did between ACI & ACII we could have had an amazing series in the making.

Yeah I would have really loved to see Ryse 2. If they took Ryse and improved on the combat, it would have been insane.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. - XBRO obsession --> http://i.imgur.com/WCKJOYY.jpg