Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels
1 year ago#41
Mass Effect.
1 year ago#42
Oh god, I'm going with Street Fighter 2 also. The first one was ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS.
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
1 year ago#43
Street Fighter 2 definitely. As for something more recent, Two Worlds 2 is a MAJOR MAJOR improvement over Two Worlds 1.
1 year ago#44
GTA 1 and 2 were unplayable but GTA3 changed everything and spawned a hole genre but the number one sequel to totally destroy the previous game was Street Fighter 2,SF1 was awful I mean terrible,clunky,looked bad and had very few fighters to choose from then SF2 came out and spawned a genre that lasted 2 decades and still going strong,SF2 by far.
1 year ago#45
I think Super Mario Bros. might be one of the most notable examples of this, or at the very least, was the most impactful one. From a personal standpoint though, the jump from System Shock 1 to System Shock 2 was incredible.

pnut3844 posted...
If I wanted a pirates game I'd buy a freaking pirates game.

Except that AC4 was the best pirates game out what pirates game would you play instead?
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
1 year ago#46
Personally i loved AC3 but thats just me, helps that i love the American Revolution. I also liked AC1 but the jump from AC1 to AC2 was huge, Ubisoft really knocked it out of the park with AC2. AC4 is the best imo though, but i am not sure if its because i like AC or because its the perfect Pirate game, i mean we have Sid Meijers Pirates but still its not the same. AC4 was the Pirate game i always dreamed of.
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
1 year ago#47
Tomb Raider
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps
1 year ago#48
I don't get all the hate for AC3. Terrible ending aside, it was a solid game imo. Then again US history was always interesting to me.

Anyway, I'll try to stick to unmentioned sequels:

Super Mario 3
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Mortal Kombat 9
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & OoT
...Pretty much any Nintendo game that jumped to 3D
Smash Bros Melee
1 year ago#49
Borderlands>>>borderlands 2

Disagree with mass effect. 2 stripped too many of the rpg elements for me
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived