Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels
10 months ago#41
Mass Effect.
10 months ago#42
Oh god, I'm going with Street Fighter 2 also. The first one was ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
10 months ago#43
Street Fighter 2 definitely. As for something more recent, Two Worlds 2 is a MAJOR MAJOR improvement over Two Worlds 1.
10 months ago#44
GTA 1 and 2 were unplayable but GTA3 changed everything and spawned a hole genre but the number one sequel to totally destroy the previous game was Street Fighter 2,SF1 was awful I mean terrible,clunky,looked bad and had very few fighters to choose from then SF2 came out and spawned a genre that lasted 2 decades and still going strong,SF2 by far.
10 months ago#45
I think Super Mario Bros. might be one of the most notable examples of this, or at the very least, was the most impactful one. From a personal standpoint though, the jump from System Shock 1 to System Shock 2 was incredible.

pnut3844 posted...
If I wanted a pirates game I'd buy a freaking pirates game.

Except that AC4 was the best pirates game out there...so what pirates game would you play instead?
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
10 months ago#46
Personally i loved AC3 but thats just me, helps that i love the American Revolution. I also liked AC1 but the jump from AC1 to AC2 was huge, Ubisoft really knocked it out of the park with AC2. AC4 is the best imo though, but i am not sure if its because i like AC or because its the perfect Pirate game, i mean we have Sid Meijers Pirates but still its not the same. AC4 was the Pirate game i always dreamed of.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
10 months ago#47
Tomb Raider
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps
10 months ago#48
I don't get all the hate for AC3. Terrible ending aside, it was a solid game imo. Then again US history was always interesting to me.

Anyway, I'll try to stick to unmentioned sequels:

Super Mario 3
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Mortal Kombat 9
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & OoT
...Pretty much any Nintendo game that jumped to 3D
Smash Bros Melee
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
10 months ago#49
Borderlands>>>borderlands 2

Disagree with mass effect. 2 stripped too many of the rpg elements for me
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Series that had HUGE leaps in sequels

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived