So do we like Destiny's competitive MP?

#11nableetPosted 7/25/2014 1:28:54 AM
swatkiller546 posted...
the maps are too big for 12 players

Only the moon is too big for the player count, imo. The rest are fine for the smaller arena scale they are going for.

Personally if it was PvP only then I would be extremely disappointed with 6v6 with no larger battles. As it is, it will be a distraction from the PvE content but I can't see myself constantly playing the PvP.

6v6 good point - 6 of us are picking the game up so can be in one fire team.

6v6 bad point - we aren't very good and there will be some pretty awesome 6 man teams out there to curb stomp us...
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#12Crystyn_7BPosted 7/25/2014 1:36:01 AM
It's fun undoubtedly but horribly chaotic and not very balanced people already already running around with the same setups.
#13slowdog76Posted 7/25/2014 1:48:34 AM
i found it bland and dated, personally. was really hoping for something new or innovative, but no. dont get me wrong, its very well made, and any issues are due to balancing, which at this stage is not a problem. but we have seen it all before.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#14jakethenoobPosted 7/25/2014 2:01:04 AM
swatkiller546 posted...
the maps are too big for 12 players

The Venus one is a mess with that many people what are you talking about?
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#15dnmtPosted 7/25/2014 2:49:01 AM
Not very but the PvE more than makes up for it, IMO.
#16InjusticeRebornPosted 7/25/2014 3:00:09 AM
dnmt posted...
Not very but the PvE more than makes up for it, IMO.

I wish I had friends...

... with a PS3.

After a game of Crucible, I did get an invite from a French player asking me to join them in some PvE, but I'm not fond of the French, so I ignored. :/
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#17ElemayowePosted 7/25/2014 3:16:01 AM
It's fun, to an extent, but then I enjoy Titanfall so what do I know, right?

People seem to be expecting it to be some balanced realistic shooter, but you're forgetting the RPG part of MMORPG. You know, the sort of making your own character and tweaking him to play the way you want.

Damage and armour are balanced out but certain weapon upgrades and subclass skills aren't. So there are always going to be disparities between players, akin to WoW's PvP, where people will end up using a cookie cutter skill set up.

It's not perfect it's sure as hell broken in some areas, but if people are expecting it to be like super balanced for everyone then they're going to be disappointed, there'll always be an optimum build or something.
---
XBL: DeathOnSkates 3DS: 0602 - 6733 - 6087
#18ZemataPosted 7/25/2014 7:18:20 AM
I'll copy paste my opinion from another thread

I really dont like the PvP on here. Coming from Titanfall the controls feel stiff. On Titanfall if someone's coming at me I can at least have a chance to outskill them. On Destiny if someone finds me first its bam hulk smash, bam shotgun, bam dead with no oppurtunity to retaliate. I'm still excited for the story and coop though.
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things.
soundcloud.com/zemata = My music things.
#19crucialPosted 7/25/2014 7:24:19 AM
30fps=no way,I was playing 60fps MP games 7 year's ago no way can I go back to this,it's horrible,sluggish,radar on at all times?really?smfh?just not very fun at all,co-op is a blast though and is the only reason why I am getting it.
#20hohbiePosted 7/25/2014 7:27:34 AM
Im not a big fan of it. I am a diehard Halo fan (November cant come soon enough), Ive played tons of COD, Titanfall, Battlefield, etc. Something just doesnt really work with this game. Feels a bit clunky, balance seems off.

I think the problem is this game doesnt really lend itself well to having PvP. With all of the customization and loot collection aspect it is near impossible to balance. I know they "normalize" damage and armor but it still doesnt quite work.

With that said I think the rest of the game is really fun and addicting. I will still be buying it day one, but the amount of time I spend on PvP will probably be minimal.