Xbox One is in a great position.

#1DerekRossPosted 7/24/2014 10:13:48 PM
Like usually the Xbox console is stuck in the middle.

PS2 > Xbox > GC

Wii > Xbox 360 > PS3

Now... PS4 > Xbox One > Wii U

What's interesting this time around are the competitor's position. Sony financially is undeniably bad but their console is extremely healthy. Nintendo on the other hand is sitting on a ton of cash while the Wii U is trying to fight on life support. MS is doing fine selling consoles and the budget in their gaming division is adequate. I think this will be one of the most interesting generation ever.

Sega had financially troubles with the DC and their console wasn't selling which both lead to their demise. I really don't see anyone exiting the hardware business but this will certainly set up what happen in the next.

Do you guys think the XO gain somehow gain enough steam(no pun intended) to move ahead of the PS4? How about the Wii U somehow staying ahead of the One because people are buying it as secondary consoles from PS4/PC gamers alike?
#2Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 10:15:46 PM
I thought the Wii-U was already in second place ahead of the XBOX ONE.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3DerekRoss(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 10:18:39 PM
Laylow12 posted...

That's why I asked if you think the Wii U can stay ahead of the One. However the One does have more momentum historically being the 3rd best of so selling console of all time during first year.
#4Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 10:39:27 PM
DerekRoss posted...
Laylow12 posted...

That's why I asked if you think the Wii U can stay ahead of the One. However the One does have more momentum historically being the 3rd best of so selling console of all time during first year.

I think it will because GameSpot ran an article about what people thought of E3 and they were bullish on Wii-U and PS4 interest but the interest for the XBOX ONE was very weak.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-sees-a-surge-in-player-interest-following-e3/1100-6421263/

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#5SabramPosted 7/24/2014 11:02:16 PM
DerekRoss posted...
Like usually the Xbox console is stuck in the middle.

PS2 > Xbox > GC

Wii > Xbox 360 > PS3

Now... PS4 > Xbox One > Wii U

What's interesting this time around are the competitor's position. Sony financially is undeniably bad but their console is extremely healthy. Nintendo on the other hand is sitting on a ton of cash while the Wii U is trying to fight on life support. MS is doing fine selling consoles and the budget in their gaming division is adequate. I think this will be one of the most interesting generation ever.

Sega had financially troubles with the DC and their console wasn't selling which both lead to their demise. I really don't see anyone exiting the hardware business but this will certainly set up what happen in the next.

Do you guys think the XO gain somehow gain enough steam(no pun intended) to move ahead of the PS4? How about the Wii U somehow staying ahead of the One because people are buying it as secondary consoles from PS4/PC gamers alike?

The PS3 has beaten out the 360 in worldwide sales.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#6shauntenninePosted 7/24/2014 11:08:09 PM
Laylow12 posted...

Just like the ps3 sold more than the 360. TC is a little confused but pretends to know about the finances of companies.
#7Millertime660Posted 7/24/2014 11:27:17 PM
shauntennine posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Just like the ps3 sold more than the 360. TC is a little confused but pretends to know about the finances of companies.

Finances or sales? haha
#8Bob the AlmightyPosted 7/24/2014 11:47:53 PM
What are the most recent stats for the PS3 and the 360? I know the 360 hit 80 million in October 2013 and the PS3 hit 80 million in November 2013.

I mean they are essentially tied. If one is ahead of the other than it's just barely.
---
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.
#9SonyPonyTonyPosted 7/24/2014 11:50:44 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...
What are the most recent stats for the PS3 and the 360? I know the 360 hit 80 million in October 2013 and the PS3 hit 80 million in November 2013.

I mean they are essentially tied. If one is ahead of the other than it's just barely.

Sony shipped 4M consoles to get there they didn't sell through. 360 still outpaces ps3 sales in total worldwide
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
#10nableetPosted 7/25/2014 12:02:57 AM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Bob the Almighty posted...

Sony shipped 4M consoles to get there they didn't sell through. 360 still outpaces ps3 sales in total worldwide

This is one of those times you really need a link to support what you are saying.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff