Are you going to buy every game you want this year?

#1shotymePosted 7/25/2014 1:01:33 AM
Or will your options be limited somewhat? If so, what games will you be purchasing no matter what?

Like I want at least 13 games this year, but my six guaranteed buys are: Borderlands Pre Sequel, Madden 15(Im a terrible person), Tales of Xillia 2, Guilty Gear Xrd, Dragon Age Inquisition, and Smash Bros Wii U
Ones I want but might just wait awhile for are: Halo MCC(most likely will 99.9% buy) Far Cry 4, Corpse Party Blood Drive(JPN Vita), Sunset Overdrive, Persona Arena 2, KI Season 2, NBA 2k15
---
Hot 7: Dragon Age Inquisition,Smash Bros,Madden 15,Destiny,Persona 5,Far Cry 4,Diablo 3 UEE/Playing: Rayma Legends,Forza 5,USF4,KI
Go Oregon/Illini/Titans
#2Tajaz2426Posted 7/25/2014 1:31:23 AM
My problem is, we have 3 PS4's, and x1 for our youngest son, and a WiiU for my wife and daughter.

We usually get a copy of a game like watchdogs for the PS4 and the X1. However games we all play together like Battlefield and Call of Duty, and now Destiny, I buy 4 copies of each game.

We have already paid off all the Destiny games, and the COD games, but there are just too many games coming out this year for me to cover. Maybe Christmas I don't know, 2015 doesn't look any better on my wallet.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#3slowdog76Posted 7/25/2014 1:32:35 AM
god no. rental ftw
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#4Tajaz2426Posted 7/25/2014 1:34:36 AM
slowdog76 posted...
god no. rental ftw

This guy right here is the smartest person on this damn board.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#5MusuoJoePosted 7/25/2014 1:36:00 AM
No rental places close to where I live, ether buy or get them used..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#6slowdog76Posted 7/25/2014 1:38:06 AM
im unemployed so if i buy i have to be very careful about what it is im buying.

the only 2 games that i can guarantee will give me a full year of play (personally) are F1 and FIFA. GTA5 gets an inclusion because, well, gta5

single player games never feature under that criteria and i cannot justify their purchase as a result. having said that, even when i get a job, i will still rent, simply because single player games only havve a finite amount of gameplay
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#7CapwnDPosted 7/25/2014 1:40:02 AM
Ever since Gamestop took away the option to return new games, I have bought about 75% less games. And the funny thing is, I rarely... very very very rarely ever returned games. But I always had the option.

So no, I will not buy every game I want this year.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#8Tajaz2426Posted 7/25/2014 1:42:56 AM
slowdog76 posted...
im unemployed so if i buy i have to be very careful about what it is im buying.

the only 2 games that i can guarantee will give me a full year of play (personally) are F1 and FIFA. GTA5 gets an inclusion because, well, gta5

single player games never feature under that criteria and i cannot justify their purchase as a result. having said that, even when i get a job, i will still rent, simply because single player games only havve a finite amount of gameplay

Don't care if you have a job or not, you're wicked ass smart to rent. I don't have a problem affording all those copies I have to buy, it is just the point of looking at all the games that are not played after two weeks.

It kills my face! Haha

By the way, good luck on the job hunt. I know it can be hard, keep kicking bud.
---
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#9Millertime660Posted 7/25/2014 1:44:35 AM
Oh man this fall is gonna suck. What do I want?

Forza Horizon 2
Diablo 3
Dragon Age
LOTR
Lords of the Fallen
Sunset Overdrive
Evolve
MCC
FarCry
ACU
Destiny
Ori and the Blind Forest
Alien Isolation
Destiny

I have no idea what I am gonna do.
#10Tajaz2426Posted 7/25/2014 1:50:39 AM
Millertime660 posted...
Oh man this fall is gonna suck. What do I want?

Forza Horizon 2
Diablo 3
Dragon Age
LOTR
Lords of the Fallen
Sunset Overdrive
Evolve
MCC
FarCry
ACU
Destiny
Ori and the Blind Forest
Alien Isolation
Destiny

I have no idea what I am gonna do.

Let's buy them all and do a time share miller!!!
---
Ronald Reagan, PotUS