Xbox boss: "Not long" before preloading digital games finally hits Xbox One

#1zerooo0Posted 7/25/2014 9:00:43 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/games/news/xbox-boss-not-long-pre-151526694.html

Yes please. I might get more games digital when we finally get this. No reason not to have it.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2suicide machinePosted 7/25/2014 9:41:37 AM
hopefully we will be able to get preorder bonuses too
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! Geeks and Sports Fans, unite!: http://m-slender.tumblr.com
GT: M Slender | Xb1 vids: http://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#3wolf_blitzer85Posted 7/28/2014 2:28:28 PM
So does this spreading around feature (which the PlayStation 4 might have, i dunno) work like torrents or is it some new technology?
---
SAUCE? You want a source? I'll give you a sauce so strong, so powerful, so compelling, you'll be screaming my name out like that chick in When Harry Meant Sally
#4Slambo70Posted 7/28/2014 2:33:33 PM
Ya I just want this by the time Destiny comes out and I want pre-order bonuses with it.
---
"I'm a love machine and I'm ready to plow the fields of exstasy. oh yeah!"-Fable-TLC
#5SlimeSwayzePosted 7/28/2014 2:36:45 PM
I can't really fathom why people think that pre-ordering digital versions of retail games is a good thing in the first place, so the excitement surrounding pre-loading is even more of a mystery to me.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls 2, Destiny, and Guacamelee
#6MightyMunaPosted 7/28/2014 2:37:50 PM
Serious question: what's the purpose of digital preorder? I mean, it's digital, you can buy and download as soon as it is available.

Are people really really that much impatient that they must be able to play the game that micro second it is released?

Maybe there are other benefits that I don't know about.
#7squarex8264Posted 7/28/2014 2:42:26 PM
MightyMuna posted...
Serious question: what's the purpose of digital preorder? I mean, it's digital, you can buy and download as soon as it is available.

Are people really really that much impatient that they must be able to play the game that micro second it is released?

Maybe there are other benefits that I don't know about.

Some games can be quite huge (such as CoD: Ghosts being 40 GB in size). If people are downloading these games digitally and have a slow connection, downloading a game like that could take several hours.

If a game is released digitally at midnight, some people would like the option to play right away. Going digital allows that, and preloading the game lets them play the night it is released without waiting for the download to complete. It's like doing a midnight release without having to deal with leaving your house to wait outside of a Gamestop in the cold :)
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#8lunaticcorePosted 7/28/2014 2:55:00 PM
I want to be able to play my games as close to midnight launch as possible, and I like to buy digitally.

Preloading is the best way to make this happen because the download takes a long time, and release times that aren't based only on Pacific Time would be nice.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#9BTM4444Posted 7/28/2014 3:51:42 PM
lunaticcore posted...
I want to be able to play my games as close to midnight launch as possible, and I like to buy digitally.

Preloading is the best way to make this happen because the download takes a long time, and release times that aren't based only on Pacific Time would be nice.

Exactly. I'm all digital this gen while my friends are physical. So I want to be able to play with them at midnight.

Still can't believe they don't have this yet when they place such a huge emphasis on digital in the first place.
---
No one cares what your PC specs are
3DS Friend Code 2337-3413-7892
#10_Ness_Posted 7/28/2014 3:59:51 PM
As someone who doesn't want to buy physical copies of games anymore, I'm excited by this. It would also allow people to download it before the massive amounts of people who get on when the game comes out.

I'm still waiting for them to come up with a solution for pre-ordering digitally. I want to be able to get in on these bonuses given out for preorders. I mean, the point of a preorder is to basically say you're buying the game the moment it comes out, and if I'm doing that digitally, I feel as if I should get the same bonuses.

An example (which I'm sure most here won't relate to) is that I'm getting NHL 15. I like to play Hockey Ultimate Team. Obviously the key part of that is microtransactions, but you can build decent teams off the packs you get for pre-ordering the game. I can't get those because I'm getting the game digitally and there's no pre-order bonus there.
---
Steam: NessMaster
XBL: Ness Master