Insert disc - when disc is inserted?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Insert disc - when disc is inserted?
1 year ago#1
Been having this issue randomly generally after turning on the xbox one and inserting a disc -- if i take the disc out and put it back in it works fine..

Anyone else have this issue?
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
1 year ago#2
Uh oh. Disc drive errors? Thought that ended with 360. I'd send it off and make them fix it.
1 year ago#3
No never. Do you have "instant on" on or off? Try unplugging it 15sec or a hard reset to reset the cache also.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
1 year ago#4
I have certain discs (Looking at YOU Wolfenstein) that do not always register when initially put in the console. Usually one eject and re-insert fixes it though.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
1 year ago#5
Yep that's what I have.. But it only seems to happen right when I turn the system on doesbit need to wake up or something?
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
1 year ago#6
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Yep that's what I have.. But it only seems to happen right when I turn the system on doesbit need to wake up or something?

I don't think I have ever recognized a pattern personally.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
1 year ago#7
Do a hard reset, I used to have that problem months ago, there was a no disc or a legend that told me that I donīt own the game, even when it was the disc inside and installed, I had to remove the disc and put it in again to be able to play, it was with every disc I own, I did a hard reset, and it was solved

Remember, the Xbox One is like a desktop, if you put it on stand by, is basically on, so it could be on for months, and like a PC, a restart can solve many issues
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
1 year ago#8
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

Is it only one game, or are multiple games doing it? If it's just one game, may be the disc. If multiple, the drive may have an issue. Keep an eye on it.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
1 year ago#9
yeah, I do also. It seems like it happened more often a couple updates ago, but I may have just gotten use to it. I haven't noticed a pattern, or found a potential cause; it appears to be random.
1 year ago#10
*dick
---
PSN: SociopathPhD
GT: Extract Hz
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Insert disc - when disc is inserted?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived