Can X1 really succeed this gen with a tarnished NA reputation?

#1Megamushroom666Posted 7/25/2014 10:18:36 AM
Just hear me out, X1's primary market is NA but MS really messed up people's perceptions with all of their poor policies and backtracking. They lost a lot of people's trust because of this and some people migrated to PS4. X1 hasn't launched in JP yet, but Sony and Nintendo hold that market so it doesn't really matter.

So just looking at the big picture, how can X1 succeed when their biggest market took such a big blow in consumer confidence? Will Halo: The Master Chief Collection be enough to gain back lost fans?
---
Snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#2ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/25/2014 10:26:36 AM
No, it cannot. Simply my opinion.don't cry
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#3PorungaPosted 7/25/2014 10:43:46 AM
It is going to take a LOT more than a halo collection to reverse the damage done. But, if they play their cards right it is certainly possible. So far, most of the steps taken by MS are heading the the right direction since they got rid of most of the people responsible for the mess to begin with.
#4bgwilly255Posted 7/25/2014 10:47:53 AM
Yes. People forget. It's human nature to move on. Sure there will be those who refuse to move on out of some holy vengeance against Microsoft, but the majority will move on. Just like they did with PS3 and just like they do with every single other "thing" that happens in real life.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#5pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 10:51:48 AM
I have to ask what NA means? People today abbreviate everything so I'm still learning some of this forums lingo. As for the future, what I saw from e3 tells me the next few years are deff gonna ramp things up for the Xbone.
#6pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 10:52:42 AM
Ah north America, nvm figured it out lol
#7EnclavePosted 7/25/2014 10:58:17 AM
Porunga posted...
It is going to take a LOT more than a halo collection to reverse the damage done. But, if they play their cards right it is certainly possible. So far, most of the steps taken by MS are heading the the right direction since they got rid of most of the people responsible for the mess to begin with.

One thing that wouldn't hurt is if Microsoft would stop saying crap like we didn't understand what they were trying to do or in other ways deflecting the blame. Or also to stop doing crap like this: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-vs-ps4-resolution-microsoft-challenges-yo/1100-6421047/

They need to own up to the mistakes they made, actually apologise (they seriously haven't yet). Additionally they need to own up to the fact that there is a perceptible difference in PS4 and Xbone versions of games. Don't try to deny it, own up to it and accept it as a fact. A system can be weaker than the competitions and still awesome but them doing this stuff keeps detracting from the games and legitimises the gamers focus on graphics.

The PS2 is a fantastic example of graphics not meaning everything, thing is? You didn't see Sony executives back then doing damage control and such garbage just because they had the weakest system. They just delivered the games and people followed.

So yeah, Microsoft needs to own their mistakes, they need to own the fact that their console isn't going to be the best looking or usually even on par. They need to own these things, accept them and then move on, not deny and deflect.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#8squarex8264Posted 7/25/2014 11:25:21 AM
Enclave posted...
Porunga posted...

One thing that wouldn't hurt is if Microsoft would stop saying crap like we didn't understand what they were trying to do or in other ways deflecting the blame. Or also to stop doing crap like this: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-vs-ps4-resolution-microsoft-challenges-yo/1100-6421047/

They need to own up to the mistakes they made, actually apologise (they seriously haven't yet). Additionally they need to own up to the fact that there is a perceptible difference in PS4 and Xbone versions of games. Don't try to deny it, own up to it and accept it as a fact. A system can be weaker than the competitions and still awesome but them doing this stuff keeps detracting from the games and legitimises the gamers focus on graphics.

The PS2 is a fantastic example of graphics not meaning everything, thing is? You didn't see Sony executives back then doing damage control and such garbage just because they had the weakest system. They just delivered the games and people followed.

So yeah, Microsoft needs to own their mistakes, they need to own the fact that their console isn't going to be the best looking or usually even on par. They need to own these things, accept them and then move on, not deny and deflect.

I agree with what you're saying, but you can't believe that Microsoft would ever actually make a public statement like "Yes, all our games will be inferior because our tech is weaker". I mean, some games coming out now are even achieving 1080p or coming into visual parity with PS4 multiplat titles, so why would they even state that?

Going back to your PS2 example, Sony never came out that gen and just said, "Yes, the PS2 is indeed the weakest hardware on the market, and every multiplat will look inferior to XBOX". Of course they didn't, they just focused on the games like you said. And that's what Microsoft is trying to do now as well. If the visual gap is closed sufficiently enough, I think people will start focusing on the games as you stated.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#9Laylow12Posted 7/25/2014 11:32:14 AM
I think the names XBOX and MICROSOFT are toxic, utterly and irreversibly toxic. That's why their best bet is to sell the brand to a competent and successful management team that actually cares about the customer, like Amazon.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#10EnclavePosted 7/25/2014 11:33:04 AM
squarex8264 posted...
I agree with what you're saying, but you can't believe that Microsoft would ever actually make a public statement like "Yes, all our games will be inferior because our tech is weaker". I mean, some games coming out now are even achieving 1080p or coming into visual parity with PS4 multiplat titles, so why would they even state that?

Going back to your PS2 example, Sony never came out that gen and just said, "Yes, the PS2 is indeed the weakest hardware on the market, and every multiplat will look inferior to XBOX". Of course they didn't, they just focused on the games like you said. And that's what Microsoft is trying to do now as well. If the visual gap is closed sufficiently enough, I think people will start focusing on the games as you stated.

Owning it doesn't mean they need to do some press statement or anything, just stop the damage control and lies. All it does is make the graphics disparity talked about all the more.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.