destiny is supposed to be an online rpg but

#1pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 12:18:53 PM
Where the hell is the map function? I hope they change this before release. It shouldn't even have to be said that an rpg having a map is norm. Also another thing they need to change is when you have a raid going, being able to see who your teammates are. You can do it in MP but not pve? Another rpg norm is to be able to see your party's info.
#2regs8376Posted 7/25/2014 12:25:18 PM(edited)
Dont think Destiny was ever stated to be like a traditional RPG, just that it would contain RPG elements which it already does.
#3werkz_destroyzPosted 7/25/2014 12:23:55 PM
If your looking for a straight rpg your looking in the wrong places.
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#4squarex8264Posted 7/25/2014 12:32:04 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Where the hell is the map function? I hope they change this before release. It shouldn't even have to be said that an rpg having a map is norm. Also another thing they need to change is when you have a raid going, being able to see who your teammates are. You can do it in MP but not pve? Another rpg norm is to be able to see your party's info.

Out of all the things I would list that makes something an RPG, I'm not sure I would cite "having a visible map" as top of my list... :)

Also, I'm pretty sure you can tell who your teammates are on the minimap. They are a different shade than the randoms walking around (I believe their blips are greenish compared to the blue of randoms?)
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#5uniquebadgerPosted 7/25/2014 12:33:55 PM
I actually like not having a map. I notice i am actually memorizing locations, and noticing things around me.
#6pnut3844(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 12:58:13 PM
squarex8264 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Out of all the things I would list that makes something an RPG, I'm not sure I would cite "having a visible map" as top of my list... :)

Also, I'm pretty sure you can tell who your teammates are on the minimap. They are a different shade than the randoms walking around (I believe their blips are greenish compared to the blue of randoms?)

No I thought that too, that they were green. But I've played 2 or 3 raids where there was another raid out party in there and they were green as well. I'd like to at least be able to see their names, if not their health. And the map would help as well in pve. I realize it's not a straight rpg but c'mon, if you're going to emulate boarderlands then at least do it right.
#7The_DOAMPosted 7/25/2014 1:05:19 PM
Thought it was supposed to be an MMOFPS game
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#8youngunner2123Posted 7/25/2014 1:19:35 PM
pnut3844 posted...
squarex8264 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

No I thought that too, that they were green. But I've played 2 or 3 raids where there was another raid out party in there and they were green as well. I'd like to at least be able to see their names, if not their health. And the map would help as well in pve. I realize it's not a straight rpg but c'mon, if you're going to emulate boarderlands then at least do it right.

once you figure out the game you will understand the colors

in instances where everybody is the same color is because and its clearly stated. Its MATCHMAKING. So regardless if your friends are playing or not it changes to green for all.
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#9pnut3844(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 1:38:53 PM
youngunner2123 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
squarex8264 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

once you figure out the game you will understand the colors

in instances where everybody is the same color is because and its clearly stated. Its MATCHMAKING. So regardless if your friends are playing or not it changes to green for all.

That makes zero sense. I can't tell who are my teammates and who aren't.
#10Goregasm17Posted 7/25/2014 2:03:32 PM
Destiny is Halo with a reskin and RPG elements. Seriously, use the vehicles, they mimic Halo vehicles almost to the exact.

It's a great game, but honestly it's just Halo for PS4