Destiny's PS4 and X1 Visual Quality Will Probably Be Equal, Analysis Shows

#101PoweredMilkManPosted 7/25/2014 3:03:09 PM
Never seen a jimmy get so russelled
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
#102dolablaPosted 7/25/2014 3:04:26 PM
At least we've got parity, guys! Bungie is treating us X1 owners right.
#103krillensPosted 7/25/2014 3:05:19 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
krillens posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
"Hey show me some evidence about devs holding back games because of the Xbox"

"Hurr durr the ps4 is more powerful than the Xbox"

Lmao. That's not an answer to my question. You keep saying things like I'm defending the Xbox. I'm here to out your stupidity. I'm bound to no system.

you dont find it the least bit suspicious that the xbone one and ps4 versions are apparently running at the EXACT same spec? but EVERY mulitplay prior to destiny had ps4 being the superior version? its painfully obvious dude

Lol wut? So because the Xbox one is going to reach 1080p in destiny it's because it's painfully obvious that the ps4 version was held back?
Isn't the ps4 the lead version?

Only thing I've seen is that the Xbox version was originally 900p and now is going to be 1080p supposedly because of the new SDK.

How did you come to that conclusion? That's what I'm looking for. Where are the facts backing it up? Or is it just an opinion formulated by what you think is happening?

wow.. its so obvious but it flew right over your little head...

30 fps brah
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
PS4 | Wii U | 3DS
#104iamdanthamanPosted 7/25/2014 3:07:55 PM
Viet0ne posted...

Keep dreaming with uneducated claims.

If a game on the PS4 has to reserve 4 CUs for GPU compute, that very same game would also have to reserve 4 CUs on the Xbox One to have comparable GPU compute performance. The tiny difference in clock rate on the Xbox One hardly makes a significant difference. In this case, the GPU performance difference would get larger, not smaller.

The reason why GPU compute is important this generation is the GPU is far superior at calculations for certain effects than the CPU will be. Even the low end GPUs of the Xbox One and PS4 outclass the state of the art Intel processors when it comes to Physics Calculations. Even the PS3 Cell holds it's own in Physics Calculations against the best Intel CPUs because of how the Cell was designed.

MS freeing up 10% of the reserve GPU doesn't close the gap.

Compared to the PS4, the original Xbox One would have been at ~61% of the PS4's performance. With the GPU reservation freed, the Xbox One is still only capable of ~67% of the performance capable on the PS4.

Wow, do you even know how to do math? 61%? You know that the XB1's GPU is running at a 20% higher clock than the PS4's right? So even if you are going to pretend that the 4 dedicated CUs still matter(I'll deal with that in a second) the numbers would be 72% before the change and 80% after.

However, the thing you are forgetting is the presence of several specialty processors that the Xbox One has included that can take some of the load off the CPU and GPU. Are they enough to completely close the gap with the PS4? Probably not, but you can't just ignore their presence.

"On the SoC, there are many parallel engines - some of those are more like CPU cores or DSP cores. How we count to 15: [we have] eight inside the audio block, four move engines, one video encode, one video decode and one video compositor/resizer."

All performing operations that the PS4 has to use either its CPU or GPU to perform.
---
All your base are belong to us
#105ExempliGratiaPosted 7/25/2014 3:09:43 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
I have to give this guy one thing he sure puts his heart into his opinions.

As you do yours into your delusions.

History speaks for itself and the future will speak even louder.

PS4 multiplats/exclusives*>>>X1.

*except for Ryse and FM5 and Destiny and a few other titles

You know what's crazy all this time and you still have yet to touch the question I asked. You keep straying from the question and telling me other things.

I knew from the get go why but I'm going to tell you again.
That opinion you have about parity isn't a fact. It's an opinion.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#106MasteroftheArtsPosted 7/25/2014 3:24:55 PM
This entire topic is troll bait.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#107TheBorderColliePosted 7/25/2014 7:41:20 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
Viet0ne posted...

Keep dreaming with uneducated claims.

If a game on the PS4 has to reserve 4 CUs for GPU compute, that very same game would also have to reserve 4 CUs on the Xbox One to have comparable GPU compute performance. The tiny difference in clock rate on the Xbox One hardly makes a significant difference. In this case, the GPU performance difference would get larger, not smaller.

The reason why GPU compute is important this generation is the GPU is far superior at calculations for certain effects than the CPU will be. Even the low end GPUs of the Xbox One and PS4 outclass the state of the art Intel processors when it comes to Physics Calculations. Even the PS3 Cell holds it's own in Physics Calculations against the best Intel CPUs because of how the Cell was designed.

MS freeing up 10% of the reserve GPU doesn't close the gap.

Compared to the PS4, the original Xbox One would have been at ~61% of the PS4's performance. With the GPU reservation freed, the Xbox One is still only capable of ~67% of the performance capable on the PS4.

Wow, do you even know how to do math? 61%? You know that the XB1's GPU is running at a 20% higher clock than the PS4's right? So even if you are going to pretend that the 4 dedicated CUs still matter(I'll deal with that in a second) the numbers would be 72% before the change and 80% after.

However, the thing you are forgetting is the presence of several specialty processors that the Xbox One has included that can take some of the load off the CPU and GPU. Are they enough to completely close the gap with the PS4? Probably not, but you can't just ignore their presence.

"On the SoC, there are many parallel engines - some of those are more like CPU cores or DSP cores. How we count to 15: [we have] eight inside the audio block, four move engines, one video encode, one video decode and one video compositor/resizer."

All performing operations that the PS4 has to use either its CPU or GPU to perform.

Don't worry. It's Viet0ne...one of the biggest Sony Fanboys on this site. He's never accurate with his musings.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#108kingrat2314Posted 7/25/2014 8:40:53 PM
zerooo0 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
Yeeeeahhhhno....that's only due to blatant parity between both systems on the developers's part.

It is not feasible to have a system that is significantly better performing (MGS V is 1080p 60fps on PS4 and only 720p on X1 and that's just one example) only end up performing just as well as the inferior console.

I'm sorry, it's just not. There is intentional parity at work here which means they struck a middle point where PS4 was held back to run at a performance rate that X1 is.

Funnyy I knew this was going to be the excuse.

Not an excuse.
---
Hannibal is a bad show.
#109RyuuHou25Posted 7/26/2014 2:45:14 AM
kingrat2314 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
Yeeeeahhhhno....that's only due to blatant parity between both systems on the developers's part.

It is not feasible to have a system that is significantly better performing (MGS V is 1080p 60fps on PS4 and only 720p on X1 and that's just one example) only end up performing just as well as the inferior console.

I'm sorry, it's just not. There is intentional parity at work here which means they struck a middle point where PS4 was held back to run at a performance rate that X1 is.

Funnyy I knew this was going to be the excuse.

Not an excuse.

Considering the PS3/360 versions don't look much poorer than the current gen versions TC, yeah, not an excuse, it's parity.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
I ga blerp ba jerp go flerp ja lerping herp ta terping larping en darping kla barping zarping mo darping - how the common wild Gfaqer sounds
#110BeefEasterPosted 7/26/2014 2:56:11 AM
lol

it's come to the point that the xbox fanboys are basically putting their fingers in their ears and yelling "NO NO NO"
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg