Destiny's PS4 and X1 Visual Quality Will Probably Be Equal, Analysis Shows

#81krillensPosted 7/25/2014 3:26:45 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
"Hey show me some evidence about devs holding back games because of the Xbox"

"Hurr durr the ps4 is more powerful than the Xbox"

Lmao. That's not an answer to my question. You keep saying things like I'm defending the Xbox. I'm here to out your stupidity. I'm bound to no system.

you dont find it the least bit suspicious that the xbone one and ps4 versions are apparently running at the EXACT same spec? but EVERY mulitplay prior to destiny had ps4 being the superior version? its painfully obvious dude
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
PS4 | Wii U | 3DS
#82iamdanthamanPosted 7/25/2014 3:28:34 PM
FOXSOLID posted...

Yeah they were...but only because of how difficult it was to develop for the cell. They sloppily ported games from 360 to PS3. Some games were even outsourced to different devs like Bayonetta.

PS3 was proven to be better when the work was put in...ie...first party studios.

Fast forward to today....PS4 now has better looking exclusives AND multiplats.

Halo 4 looks as good as any exclusive on PS3. The Cell was theoretically more powerful, but the PS3 also had an inferior GPU and less RAM than the 360. I am really sick of this excuse that the PS4 was harder to develop for, it's B.S., plain and simple.

Now for this gen.

PS4 has 18 CUs in its GPU compared to 12 for the XB1, but it can't fully utilize them for graphics because the system is bottlenecked by the CPU(which is identical to the one in the XB1). For this reason, Sony recommends that developers use only 14 for graphics processing to "balance" the system and use the other 4 for "GPU computing". That, combined with the higher clock of the XB1's GPU, essentially negates the GPU advantage of the PS4 once the 10% resources are freed up.

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Claims+Xbox+One+Can+Make+Due+With+Faster+GPU+Less+Compute+Units/article33506.htm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-to-face-with-mark-cerny
---
All your base are belong to us
#83rusty12000Posted 7/25/2014 3:30:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#84TheBorderColliePosted 7/25/2014 3:30:58 PM
While it's true that the PS4 has a technical advantage in some areas, what is becoming clearer each day is that it essentially doesn't matter.

Most multiplats aren't significantly different enough to really matter to the gaming public...and MS's new tools are continuously narrowing the gap.

Then again, if Sony Fanboys truly cared about resolution and frame rates so much, they would be buying those games on PC...as even a moderately powered PC totally crushes the PS4 in specs.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#85FOXSOLIDPosted 7/25/2014 3:33:49 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

Yeah they were...but only because of how difficult it was to develop for the cell. They sloppily ported games from 360 to PS3. Some games were even outsourced to different devs like Bayonetta.

PS3 was proven to be better when the work was put in...ie...first party studios.

Halo 4 looks as good as any exclusive on PS3. The Cell was theoretically more powerful, but the PS3 also had an inferior GPU and less RAM than the 360. I am really sick of this excuse that the PS4 was harder to develop for, it's B.S., plain and simple.

Now for this gen.

PS4 has 18 CUs in its GPU compared to 12 for the XB1, but it can't fully utilize them for graphics because the system is bottlenecked by the CPU(which is identical to the one in the XB1). For this reason, Sony recommends that developers use only 14 for graphics processing to "balance" the system and use the other 4 for "GPU computing". That, combined with the higher clock of the XB1's GPU, essentially negates the GPU advantage of the PS4 once the 10% resources are freed up.

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Claims+Xbox+One+Can+Make+Due+With+Faster+GPU+Less+Compute+Units/article33506.htm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-to-face-with-mark-cerny

First off....just no to your Halo comment.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sony-ps3-is-hard-to-develop-for-on-purpose/

You bore me.
#86Miiri0Posted 7/25/2014 3:35:40 PM
destiny is awesome. But the game also RUN WELL on PS3 and 360. That say alot on why x1 can keep up with PS4 version.

PS4 prolly dont even break a sweat with the game. lol
#87ExempliGratiaPosted 7/25/2014 3:36:47 PM
krillens posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
"Hey show me some evidence about devs holding back games because of the Xbox"

"Hurr durr the ps4 is more powerful than the Xbox"

Lmao. That's not an answer to my question. You keep saying things like I'm defending the Xbox. I'm here to out your stupidity. I'm bound to no system.

you dont find it the least bit suspicious that the xbone one and ps4 versions are apparently running at the EXACT same spec? but EVERY mulitplay prior to destiny had ps4 being the superior version? its painfully obvious dude

Lol wut? So because the Xbox one is going to reach 1080p in destiny it's because it's painfully obvious that the ps4 version was held back?
Isn't the ps4 the lead version?

Only thing I've seen is that the Xbox version was originally 900p and now is going to be 1080p supposedly because of the new SDK.

How did you come to that conclusion? That's what I'm looking for. Where are the facts backing it up? Or is it just an opinion formulated by what you think is happening?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#88crucialPosted 7/25/2014 3:36:54 PM
The 10% boost X1 has got helped this game get on par with PS4 version,ponies are running out of excuses because even X1's beta at 900p show's no difference then the PS4 version at 1080p and I am just talking about the beta,while in motion there no difference what so ever unless you use still's and count pixel for pixel,even Watchdog's was pretty much the same and future games like Farcry 4,DA3,Evolve,Witcher.

As I stated months ago this will be a non issue and will be the same as last gen,tell sony to show it in there exclusives since they have all this power,both consoles are very weak so get a PC if you wan't FX,no one buys consoles for the best visuals.
#89LooksLikeRainPosted 7/25/2014 3:39:36 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
Ellesarien posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
Ellesarien posted...
LOL...This is ending the exact same way the other topic went.

He just kept yelling SPECS!!! in that one too as if all programming was only about that single variable.

The CELL was "more" powerful too....

Uhhhh....the Cell was more powerful. Or are we gonna deny now that PS3 had the best looking exclusives?

Listen...I could simply yell "MULTI-PLATS" over and over again (Like you) because for a VAST majority of that gen....multi-plats were better looking on the 360.

We can apply the Cell logic to esram.

Also, still waiting on some evidence to back up your claims.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#90FOXSOLIDPosted 7/25/2014 3:42:34 PM
X1 hardware will always be inferior is the evidence. Both systems at their max potential do not come to the same point. You not being able to grasp this concept is your own problem.

You'll all see, keeping thinking "10% was the difference". ****ing laughable bunch you are.