Destiny's PS4 and X1 Visual Quality Will Probably Be Equal, Analysis Shows

#91iamdanthamanPosted 7/25/2014 3:44:09 PM
FOXSOLID posted...

First off....just no to your Halo comment.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sony-ps3-is-hard-to-develop-for-on-purpose/

You bore me.

The internet disagrees with you:
https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+4+vs+uncharted+3

Do you read articles before you quote them? Or just the headlines?

"Anyone making a game, if you're going to make it for both, just lead on the PS3 because if it works on the PS3, it'll work on 360," he said. "We had to play catch-up on the PS3 because of the memory constraints and how it renders; how it processes is just different. And it's harder on the PS3," Himmerick continued."

Memory constraints being the key phrase there. The PS3 had half the video memory of the 360, even though it came out a year later. That tends to cause some issues. It was just a badly designed piece of hardware, and the article you posted confirms that fact. Now, if Sony really did that on purpose, that just shows how stupid they are.

Also, I love how you just totally ignored everything I said about the current gen systems.
---
All your base are belong to us
#92FOXSOLIDPosted 7/25/2014 3:44:34 PM
And LAAWWWWLLL at ESram being the same as the Cell.

Yeah that 32mb wild card is gonna save the day. Lmfao
#93ExempliGratiaPosted 7/25/2014 3:46:13 PM
I have to give this guy one thing he sure puts his heart into his opinions.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#94matt-nicklinPosted 7/25/2014 3:47:11 PM
To be honest I couldn't care I'm quite happy with how the graphics are now.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#95iamdanthamanPosted 7/25/2014 3:47:51 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
X1 hardware will always be inferior is the evidence. Both systems at their max potential do not come to the same point. You not being able to grasp this concept is your own problem.

You'll all see, keeping thinking "10% was the difference". ****ing laughable bunch you are.

"Potential" otherwise known as Theoretical performance=/=Actual, real world performance.

You would understand this if you had a clue about how computer hardware design works. Maybe you would like to tell me how Mark Cerny was wrong when he said developers shouldn't use more than 14 of the PS4s CUs for graphics because it wouldn't make much of a difference.
---
All your base are belong to us
#96FOXSOLIDPosted 7/25/2014 3:48:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#97TBONE_OGPosted 7/25/2014 3:48:30 PM
FOXSOLID posted...

You're embarrassing yourself. Just stop now and leave with the little... eh nope. The non-existing dignity you have.
---
Always O.G.
#98LooksLikeRainPosted 7/25/2014 3:49:36 PM
FOXSOLID posted...

You can cry all you want. It's not going to make your game look better.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#99Viet0nePosted 7/25/2014 3:51:31 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

Yeah they were...but only because of how difficult it was to develop for the cell. They sloppily ported games from 360 to PS3. Some games were even outsourced to different devs like Bayonetta.

PS3 was proven to be better when the work was put in...ie...first party studios.

Fast forward to today....PS4 now has better looking exclusives AND multiplats.

Halo 4 looks as good as any exclusive on PS3. The Cell was theoretically more powerful, but the PS3 also had an inferior GPU and less RAM than the 360. I am really sick of this excuse that the PS4 was harder to develop for, it's B.S., plain and simple.

Now for this gen.

PS4 has 18 CUs in its GPU compared to 12 for the XB1, but it can't fully utilize them for graphics because the system is bottlenecked by the CPU(which is identical to the one in the XB1). For this reason, Sony recommends that developers use only 14 for graphics processing to "balance" the system and use the other 4 for "GPU computing". That, combined with the higher clock of the XB1's GPU, essentially negates the GPU advantage of the PS4 once the 10% resources are freed up.

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Claims+Xbox+One+Can+Make+Due+With+Faster+GPU+Less+Compute+Units/article33506.htm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-to-face-with-mark-cerny

Keep dreaming with uneducated claims.

If a game on the PS4 has to reserve 4 CUs for GPU compute, that very same game would also have to reserve 4 CUs on the Xbox One to have comparable GPU compute performance. The tiny difference in clock rate on the Xbox One hardly makes a significant difference. In this case, the GPU performance difference would get larger, not smaller.

The reason why GPU compute is important this generation is the GPU is far superior at calculations for certain effects than the CPU will be. Even the low end GPUs of the Xbox One and PS4 outclass the state of the art Intel processors when it comes to Physics Calculations. Even the PS3 Cell holds it's own in Physics Calculations against the best Intel CPUs because of how the Cell was designed.

MS freeing up 10% of the reserve GPU doesn't close the gap.

Compared to the PS4, the original Xbox One would have been at ~61% of the PS4's performance. With the GPU reservation freed, the Xbox One is still only capable of ~67% of the performance capable on the PS4.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Dead Rising 3, Destiny
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#100Satchmo25Posted 7/25/2014 3:53:24 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
I have to give this guy one thing he sure puts his heart into his opinions.

As you do yours into your delusions.

History speaks for itself and the future will speak even louder.

PS4 multiplats/exclusives*>>>X1.

*except for Ryse and FM5 and Destiny and a few other titles
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
http://i.imgur.com/AUYtAmy.png