Destiny late/ end game

#1LotrMorgothPosted 7/25/2014 1:29:06 PM
Have to say I am pretty sold on the beta; good fun.

Have they mentioned what they plan for play once you are all leveled? I could see the game losing some of its appeal once your guy is at max skills
---
"You will not be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life"-Camus
#2pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 1:37:30 PM
That's my question. If the level cap is only 20 and you can get to 8 pretty fast, then what's the point? Raids? Pvp? If the rest of the game is structured as weak as the beta I won't be buying. The game doesn't know what it wants to be, it's pulling from too many genres.
#3EllesarienPosted 7/25/2014 1:45:16 PM
pnut3844 posted...
That's my question. If the level cap is only 20 and you can get to 8 pretty fast, then what's the point? Raids? Pvp? If the rest of the game is structured as weak as the beta I won't be buying. The game doesn't know what it wants to be, it's pulling from too many genres.

Level cap is only 20? Seriously? My god...they better have an entire game worth of End Game content to keep anyone playing it.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#4zerooo0Posted 7/25/2014 1:46:25 PM
I'm going to wait for reviews on the PVP. The PVP was the really disappointing thing of the beta, but I just hope that's a beta being a beta and not giving us the full picture of it.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 1:46:54 PM
Ellesarien posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Level cap is only 20? Seriously? My god...they better have an entire game worth of End Game content to keep anyone playing it.

Yea its only 20. So basically you just farm stuff, from the way the beta is built.
#6PlzstopflamingPosted 7/25/2014 1:55:35 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Yea its only 20. So basically you just farm stuff, from the way the beta is built.

There are 3 subclasses on your character that need leveled. At least one raid. And plenty of level 20 challenges on All planets (there are level 20 mobs in the beta)

. We only know what we can see and I'm sure your question has been asked and resolved internally 100 times. You think Activision shelled out 500 million over 10 years of this games development without asking (hurrrr wha you does at da max lvl hurrrr)
#7pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 1:58:23 PM
Plzstopflaming posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
pnut3844 posted...

There are 3 subclasses on your character that need leveled. At least one raid. And plenty of level 20 challenges on All planets (there are level 20 mobs in the beta)

. We only know what we can see and I'm sure your question has been asked and resolved internally 100 times. You think Activision shelled out 500 million over 10 years of this games development without asking (hurrrr wha you does at da max lvl hurrrr)

Wow you level up your subs. That doesn't address the problem of what you do when you get to 20 and beat all the quests. There is zero replay value with this game, and the pvp is average at best.
#8EllesarienPosted 7/25/2014 1:58:57 PM
Plzstopflaming posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Ummm...Going from other MMORPH's that spent even more and lacked sufficient end game content outside of "Raid same two mobs everyday!" it ALWAYS is an issue.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#9PlzstopflamingPosted 7/25/2014 2:05:55 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Plzstopflaming posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Wow you level up your subs. That doesn't address the problem of what you do when you get to 20 and beat all the quests. There is zero replay value with this game, and the pvp is average at best.

Again... we don't know what the end game is like at all. Just teasers of a raid called vault of glass that top guild couldn't complete after 14 hours. It's ludicrous to say the game has no end game and no replay based off of what bungie has also stated is 10% of the game. I'm holding my comments about the end game until I actually know what it is. You sound dumb when you say "kill same 2 bosses in a raid" when 3 man strikes have more bosses
#10PlzstopflamingPosted 7/25/2014 2:07:37 PM
And they already have 2 expansions planned to drop this year. Which I'm sure will add to the end game. I guess the first guild wars was considered a failure with a level cap of 20 right?