Destiny late/ end game

#21bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 7/25/2014 4:56:17 PM
You can still unlock skills after level 20. In the beta for example I've hit level 8 and I've gotten a new grenade and an upgrade for my double jump even though I've hit the level cap.
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!
#22pnut3844Posted 7/25/2014 5:11:06 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
You can still unlock skills after level 20. In the beta for example I've hit level 8 and I've gotten a new grenade and an upgrade for my double jump even though I've hit the level cap.

Ok, but once you complete all the missions you're sick farming and pvp. There weren't that many missions in the beta so there better be tons more gameplay
#23ry_mannPosted 7/25/2014 6:34:48 PM
Apparently leveling was accelerated for the Alpha and Beta, but yes there will be end game content, as well as gear available ONLY after you've hit Level 20 and gotten enough Motes of Light. After that, it'll be time to take your best gear and join the Iron Banner Crucible and see how you stack against everyone else. Iron Banner removes normalization of gear/weapons and makes each stat on your character matter.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#24PlzstopflamingPosted 7/25/2014 6:50:29 PM
I do have a very unbiased view. Your view is the one that is biased. You are judging the end game by the 4 missions and cut off explore mode in the beta. Your opinion is based because you are comparing it to how any mmo runs their content. Last time I checked there wasn't an mmo made recently that was a shooter that capped at 20 and had subclasses you level and are each unique.

I just don't get how you can say all there is to do is strikes and pvp when they haven't said anything and you have played 1 strike so far...
#25StoneColdPlayaPosted 7/26/2014 12:15:43 AM
I am not seeing good things in the future for Destiny's endgame. If the leveling rate is anything like the beta's you'll be at 20 in less than 15 hours then you'll just grind the same area's for rep and drops. They'll have to be putting out a steady stream of new areas/bosses which definitely won't be free so you'll constantly be buying addons, not to mention the micro transactions which I'm not sure those will entail. They said they don't want a lot of unique weapons so expect more of what you've seen in the beta, nothing like BL2's crazy legendaries.
---
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
#26pnut3844Posted 7/26/2014 12:23:40 AM
StoneColdPlaya posted...
I am not seeing good things in the future for Destiny's endgame. If the leveling rate is anything like the beta's you'll be at 20 in less than 15 hours then you'll just grind the same area's for rep and drops. They'll have to be putting out a steady stream of new areas/bosses which definitely won't be free so you'll constantly be buying addons, not to mention the micro transactions which I'm not sure those will entail. They said they don't want a lot of unique weapons so expect more of what you've seen in the beta, nothing like BL2's crazy legendaries.

That's my opinion as well. They tried to put some boarderlands in it but they didn't put enough. Not enough customization, weapon and armor variety, and no map. If the leveling continues like the beta it's gonna be a short campaign minus farming.
#27nableetPosted 7/26/2014 12:45:46 AM
http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/destiny-s-end-game-content-will-blow-players-minds--1254317

Not too revealing, but supposedly they want a low level cap as the end game plan is amazing... We shall see.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#28StoneColdPlayaPosted 7/26/2014 12:52:52 AM
nableet posted...
http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/destiny-s-end-game-content-will-blow-players-minds--1254317

Thanks for the site, but after reading it I came across this info
"After that point, progression is meant to be "horizontal" - you'll seek out better equipment and try out different builds without actually leveling up."

The game's longevity apparently hinges on its cyclical nature. Every aspect of the game is connected, and that will keep players moving around and not getting stuck in a rut, Osborne said.

Pretty much what I was expecting and mentioned earlier. Gear grinding and repetition.
---
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
#29nableetPosted 7/26/2014 12:58:17 AM
StoneColdPlaya posted...
nableet posted...

Thanks for the site, but after reading it I came across this info
"After that point, progression is meant to be "horizontal" - you'll seek out better equipment and try out different builds without actually leveling up."

The game's longevity apparently hinges on its cyclical nature. Every aspect of the game is connected, and that will keep players moving around and not getting stuck in a rut, Osborne said.

Pretty much what I was expecting and mentioned earlier. Gear grinding and repetition.

Yeah, it still seems like they might have "something" up their sleeve, but I expect it is farming PvP or farming Strikes/raids/reputation.

Fairly standard for MMO type games, just has to be fun/rewarding.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#30EstocassassinPosted 7/26/2014 1:18:45 AM
Do you even mmo?