Are there any "true 7.1" Headsets being made for Next Gen consoles?

#11Abiz_Posted 7/26/2014 11:19:46 PM(edited)
CapwnD posted...
Abiz_ posted...
The key to the Astros is the Mixamp. The headset it's self isn't good. It's decent. Wait for them to come out with a new mixamp for the ps4 and xbox one. Right now they had to make a firmware update for the mix amp pro that makes ps3 and 360 sound trash but fixes ps4 and Xone sound.

I didn't do the firmware update and the sound is fine for me using it with the Xbox One. I'm using the old model, not the 2013 and beyond model (current model)

The old model is fine. It's the pro that has the problem. They don't sell the old model anymore. I got the old model also. Also the old 5.8(i think) isn't supported by the firmware. I tried to update it. They dropped support.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#12CapwnDPosted 7/26/2014 11:38:40 PM
I prefer the old model. I have two old model Mixamps and one new model. Abiz_ posted...
CapwnD posted...
Abiz_ posted...
The key to the Astros is the Mixamp. The headset it's self isn't good. It's decent. Wait for them to come out with a new mixamp for the ps4 and xbox one. Right now they had to make a firmware update for the mix amp pro that makes ps3 and 360 sound trash but fixes ps4 and Xone sound.

I didn't do the firmware update and the sound is fine for me using it with the Xbox One. I'm using the old model, not the 2013 and beyond model (current model)

The old model is fine. It's the pro that has the problem. They don't sell the old model anymore. I got the old model also. Also the old 5.8(i think) isn't supported by the firmware. I tried to update it. They dropped support.

I prefer the old model. I have two old model Mixamps and one new model.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#13NeoBillbinePosted 7/27/2014 2:42:55 AM
I had a quiet a chuckle at the "true 7.1" quote. I swear people will believe the silliest things.
---
Pentium 3220, ASRock Z87E-ITX, H100i, 8GB RipjawsX DDR3, MSI GTX680, M4 64GB, 2TB Samsung F4, Corsair HX650, Obsidian 250D
#14Crystyn_7BPosted 7/27/2014 3:11:20 AM
7.1, like 7 speakers and a subwoofer in a headset?
#15NeoBillbinePosted 7/27/2014 3:14:27 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
7.1, like 7 speakers and a subwoofer in a headset?

Of course what else could it mean.
---
Pentium 3220, ASRock Z87E-ITX, H100i, 8GB RipjawsX DDR3, MSI GTX680, M4 64GB, 2TB Samsung F4, Corsair HX650, Obsidian 250D
#16Foreign ObjectsPosted 7/27/2014 3:36:28 AM
Do these headsets immerse you in the sound like a good 7.1 surround system would? Can you hear things behind you, in front of you? Or is it just a glorified 2 channel headset like a decent set of Sennheisers?
---
etc
#17Juzten76Posted 7/27/2014 4:31:15 AM
Foreign Objects posted...
Do these headsets immerse you in the sound like a good 7.1 surround system would? Can you hear things behind you, in front of you? Or is it just a glorified 2 channel headset like a decent set of Sennheisers?

They immerse you even more than a surround system. I loved my headset for the 360 and could heard enemies coming from behind me all the time. Just be careful because any headset for the One that relies on the headset adapter does not support surround sound. You have to buy the headsets that come with a transmitter that connects directly to the console. I bought XO sevens for the X1 and felt ripped off because they were advertised as surround sound, yet the chat adapter doesn't even do surround sound.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#18JK8289Posted 7/27/2014 4:41:46 AM
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/mobile-headsets/ear-force-stealth-500x/552

Turtle Beach is coming out with that headset sometime in October. Claims it's 7.1. Right now I use my x42's but I'll get those when they get released.
---
GT: KillerIsHere828
#19Crystyn_7BPosted 7/27/2014 5:01:03 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Foreign Objects posted...

They immerse you even more than a surround system. I loved my headset for the 360 and could heard enemies coming from behind me all the time. Just be careful because any headset for the One that relies on the headset adapter does not support surround sound. You have to buy the headsets that come with a transmitter that connects directly to the console. I bought XO sevens for the X1 and felt ripped off because they were advertised as surround sound, yet the chat adapter doesn't even do surround sound.

I'm pretty sure I hear surround with mine, at least in Destiny when turning I heard the voices from many different angles.
#20SnoicFactorPosted 7/27/2014 5:53:41 AM(edited)
My astro a50s worked great out of the box on ps4. You still need the crappy headset adapter for x1.
---
nt